No announcement yet.

Canonical Continues Working On XMir Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical has completely jettisoned the desktop idea. They're concentrating on phone stuff now.

Our last hope is a Valve distro. With DRM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
      The Linux on my desktop doesn't suck
      i love my linux desktop and i don't use windows since windows 98 we were refering to massive market microsoft windows heavy contender distro is not feasible yet since many issue need to be addressed first[i put a nice list some post ago] and until most of those issue are fixed will be a very hard task to achieve

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
        What happened, Mark? Did your microsoft partners pay you to mess up the Linux desktop? Maybe...
        These days Microsoft is a bigger Linux contributor than Canonical. No commercial Linux distributor should have less contributions than Microsoft. That's just wrong.

Comment

• 17 pages of fanboys CRAP

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
            I guess Mint is okay but don't they use a lot of Canonical repos for stuff? Package updates, kernel backports, etc.? They seem pretty dependent.
            Mint could switch to a Tanglu base.
            That said, the whole Debian fetish is overrated. Something Mint-ish could easily also be achieved with an openSUSE or Fedora base (Korora already does something like that with Fedora, btw).

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              These days Microsoft is a bigger Linux contributor than Canonical. No commercial Linux distributor should have less contributions than Microsoft. That's just wrong.
              And the only thing Microsoft contributes is Hyper-V code, lol.

Originally posted by dee. View Post
              Haha, oh wow... irony meter exploded
              Irony meter exploded 50 trillion times over.

lol...
              Last edited by synaptix; 18 July 2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                What you haters don't understand is that for most people Ubuntu == Linux.....
                You're right of course however It's pretty unfortunate as well since when people try Ubuntu and don't like it they think that's all the Linux world has to offer... sad really.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                  You're right of course however It's pretty unfortunate as well since when people try Ubuntu and don't like it they think that's all the Linux world has to offer... sad really.
                  And this will be even worse with Mir because people wont be able to install additional desktop environments.(except over XMir which sucks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
                    And this will be even worse with Mir because people wont be able to install additional desktop environments.(except over XMir which sucks)
                    how do you install additional desktop environments on Xmir when it's like this

it's getting really old that i can't even test this new thing Xmir on AMD or Nvidia Opensource Driver's that was said to be working on Ubuntu 13.10 that's release is only weeks away (sorry for my OCD)

i can say now if this is the way they're going Mir will not be ready by Ubuntu 14.10 for any thing but a tech demo

Comment

• Originally posted by BO$$
                      Oh God you're gonna post that picture ten years from now just to prove that Ubuntu had a bug which means it sucks.
                      At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.

Comment

Working...
                      X