Playing With GTK/Qt5/SDL/EFL On Wayland 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    can you please comment on why in this latest release "apt-cache policy libwayland0" (or so I recall the command) reports version 1.0.5 instead of 1.2?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Hi,
      can you please comment on why in this latest release "apt-cache policy libwayland0" (or so I recall the command) reports version 1.0.5 instead of 1.2?
      That's the version that comes with Ubuntu packages in /usr.

Version 1.2 and other Wayland software is in /opt, and the checkinstall packages that I build are all suffixed with *-rbos

Comment

nerdopolis released a new version of RebeccaBlackOS on August 30th and a follow-up release on September 1st, both announced on the Wayland mailing list. I'm surprised it was not already covered on Phoronix.

Since nerdopolis seems to hang here, and I couldn't find an official bug tracker, I thought I would report this here:

The initial boot takes me into TTY, and TTY8 contains this error message:

Loading module /opt/lib/i386-gnu-linux/weston/drm-backend.so
        Failed to load module /opt/lib/i386-gnu-linux/weston/drm-backend.so: undefined symbol: vaapi_recorder_create

Apparently this the showstopper here. Tested on NV92 and NV46 cards, same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jukkan View Post
          nerdopolis released a new version of RebeccaBlackOS on August 30th and a follow-up release on September 1st, both announced on the Wayland mailing list. I'm surprised it was not already covered on Phoronix.

Since nerdopolis seems to hang here, and I couldn't find an official bug tracker, I thought I would report this here:

The initial boot takes me into TTY, and TTY8 contains this error message:

Loading module /opt/lib/i386-gnu-linux/weston/drm-backend.so
          Failed to load module /opt/lib/i386-gnu-linux/weston/drm-backend.so: undefined symbol: vaapi_recorder_create

Apparently this the showstopper here. Tested on NV92 and NV46 cards, same thing.
          ...Interesting. I'll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
            ...Interesting. I'll take a look
            And it seems it was related to this, http://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/...adc778a9108a5f which is a recent fix in Weston. However, instead, I am now installing libva http://rebeccablackos.svn.sourceforg...&revision=1603 so it can be used for Weston's new hardware accelerated screen recording

Comment

Neither Aug 30 nor Sep 1 work for me - Nvidia gtx 560Ti, it just stops with a blank screen like a terminal with something written. The iso from July 14 worked fine. Someone send a Nvidia card to nerdopolis please, I could send myself if I wasn't that greedy and selfish.

Comment

Working...
              X