No announcement yet.

Playing With GTK/Qt5/SDL/EFL On Wayland 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between the reuduced and the non-reduced iso other than that one is smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
      What is the difference between the reuduced and the non-reduced iso other than that one is smaller?

The smaller one doesn't have debugging symbols in the binaries, and all the -dev packages, and other development related packages are removed.

If you're just using wayland, there shouldn't be a user visible difference between the two (except one uses less space)

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        I think security, while important in itself, in this case should be the last of your worries. People running your distro just wanna play with Wayland, see how it works, period. Thanks for your hard work.

Edit: Just to clarify, if you need to sacrifice security to make Wayland work better - go for it.
        Provided that the users are warned of course!

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
          The new ISOs with the permission fix are up
          https://sourceforge.net/projects/reb...2014th%202013/
          Much appreciated, thanks for your hard work.

Comment

The new ISOs with the permission fix are up
            https://sourceforge.net/projects/reb...2014th%202013/
            Much appreciated, thanks for your hard work.

Comment

How can i write it to usb? i tried using dd tool, but it didnt worked out

Comment

Originally posted by sstp View Post
                How can i write it to usb? i tried using dd tool, but it didnt worked out
                dd worked for me. Did you use /dev/sdx, and not /dev/sdx1 for example, as the 'of=' parameter? Also check that you didnt mess up if and of.

Comment

Or loopback mount the .iso with grub2 and use so-scan/filename=$isofile as a kernel parameter to find the .iso from the kernel. Worked for me. No dd or seperate partition needed.

Comment

The smaller one doesn't have debugging symbols in the binaries, and all the -dev packages, and other development related packages are removed.

If you're just using wayland, there shouldn't be a user visible difference between the two (except one uses less space)
                    Thanks, I downloaded the reduced one. And man it's awesome, I almost cried! After all these years the most annoying thing since back in the time when I used Beryl, the slow resizing of windows, is finally gone. I was also glad to see that EFL is already installed and that it is working perfectly. I liked the "Flip Page" test in particular. Hopefully this will eventually get integrated into an EFL pdf reader. Now I really can't wait for Fedora 20 or so when I can finally have a native Wayland desktop with Enlightenment. Developers, please hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another little thing I noticed is that buttons in Gtk applications now have an animated hover effect. I don't know if this is because of the new Gtk version or just because of the theme, but it is nice.

Comment

Just tested and... very enthousiastic!

No tearings! (Even in videos!)

Of course there were things that didn't work, but what works is great!

Comment

Working...
                      X