Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: FreeBSD Powering Open-Source Wearable Computing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    If you want to delude yourself into believing this technology won't be used to take compromising pictures of kids and upskirt shots of women on trains (oh hi, planet fedora), feel free.
    So you would support banning all forms of personally owned camera? Because that's the technology you seem to be having the issue with, and banning them is the only solution to stop those crazy paedophiles.

    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ston View Post
    It's not suprise, 90% of Server distributing child porn are FreeBSD servers, the other 10% are OpenSolaris.
    Citation needed
    Correction, BSD is not free and open source software, it's public domain. It can be closed and copyright changed.
    As can any program where all copyright holders agree on changing the license, and few FOSS projects maintain distributed copyrights for that very reason, because it makes changing licenses difficult and near impossible in larger projects.
    Last edited by intellivision; 07-12-2013 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intellivision View Post
    banning them is the only solution to stop those crazy paedophiles.
    Not surprised to see this viewpoint being taken by a Stallmanist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stallman
    [P]rostitution, adultery, necrophilia, bestiality, possession of child pornography, and even incest and pedophilia ... should be legal as long as no one is coerced. They are illegal only because of prejudice and narrowmindedness.
    Some rules might be called for when these acts directly affect other people's interests. For incest, contraception could be mandatory to avoid risk of inbreeding. For prostitution, a license should be required to ensure prostitutes get regular medical check-ups, and they should have training and support in insisting on use of condoms. This will be an advance in public health, compared with the situation today.
    For necrophilia, it might be necessary to ask the next of kin for permission if the decedent's will did not authorize it. Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my corpse, the first being scientific or medical use. Once my dead body is no longer of any use to me, it may as well be of some use to someone. Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Not surprised to see this viewpoint being taken by a Stallmanist.
    Everyone knows Stallman is crazy in a lot of ways. Not many people can call themselves true Stallmanists because he has so many extreme views. The only thing a lot of GNU people have in common with him is a love for F/OSS and that's about it.
    Last edited by caryhartline; 07-13-2013 at 12:43 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Not surprised to see this viewpoint being taken by a Stallmanist.
    What a well thought out, completely unrelated reply.
    Especially considering all the proof you're going to show me about myself being a 'Stallmanist', since you made the claim you have to back it up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •