Dualhead Session Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualhead Session Settings?

Hi everyone! I've figured out how to get Dualhead and AMDCCLE working fine in Fedora 8, I needed to make sure there was no "Xinerama" line in xorg.conf

However now I have a strange issue. When I start up the computer, I have dual screens working fine in the login screen, ie. my mouse can go to the right screen with no issue, and back, so it has an extended desktop.

When I log in as my user account, the secondary display flickers and turns to clone mode, where I have the same output on both monitors. Why did this change????

If I log into root, which I never use in X, this doesn't happen and I have the monitors acting as "BigDesktop" without having to change anything. But when I log into my user account, I need to manually go to AMDCCCLE and set it to BigDesktop. Where is this setting stored in my session?

Also, is there a way to change the settings on the command line the way that AMDCCCLE does it? Like Clone/Single/BigDesktop?

Thanks!

Matt

Exactly same problem here!

Comment

It turns out I double posted this a while back, but I'm not sure if you've seen this:

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

It didn't help me (I've managed to now lose ability to go to BigDesktop somehow), but maybe it will help you...

Comment

Working...
      X