Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple 2013 Haswell MacBook Air Performance

Phoronix: Apple 2013 Haswell MacBook Air Performance

Last month I wrote about how running Ubuntu Linux is a mess on the 2013 MacBook Air with Intel Core i5 "Haswell" processor. Not much has changed since then, but for those curious about the performance, here are the first official Phoronix benchmarks of the Haswell-based MacBook Air with its wonderfully-long battery life.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Games on OS X

I always hear about the terrible graphics and gameplay in general on Macbooks, but these benchmarks look pretty good to me. Either the definition of good gameplay is a moving target or this is something Apple has finally fixed. It's difficult to tell because it's difficult to get an honest opinion of gaming on OS X.

Other than that, I really can't wait for the Haswell Retina Macbook Pros because the current ones don't have a great battery life.

Comment

Working...
    X