Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Too bad for you theres not a GPU in the world fast enough to play them.
    Well my low end Radeon HD 6570 ran Crysis 1 pretty well even on high resolution and I read somewhere that they improved the engine performance for new crysis titles.

Comment

hmm maybe ill use Crytek to Develop a upcoming game for Linux Btw it's going to be a MMORPG not as big as WoW or Rift but i hope it will be fun

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        hmm maybe ill use Crytek to Develop a upcoming game for Linux Btw it's going to be a MMORPG not as big as WoW or Rift but i hope it will be fun
        What kind? Fantasy? Modern shooter? PvP or RvR?

Whatever it is, don't make it a grindfest, thats what killed games like Regnum and FFXI for me. Come up with challenges, not a pointless "kill one million rabbits to level up the first of 27 levels required for you to be able to do anything remotely interesting".

Comment

Regnum becomes a grind fest only from level 40 to 50, before that there are plenty of quests, and from level 50 you could simply go after people and grind from time to time until you hit 60 and do the warmaster things as well.

Back to topic, I'm also mostly interested in a Star Citizen linux port

Comment

What kind? Fantasy? Modern shooter? PvP or RvR?

Whatever it is, don't make it a grindfest, thats what killed games like Regnum and FFXI for me. Come up with challenges, not a pointless "kill one million rabbits to level up the first of 27 levels required for you to be able to do anything remotely interesting".
            i dont see any point of not letting lower levels into upper level zones or PVP i want to go the D2 way on all that

Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
            Regnum becomes a grind fest only from level 40 to 50, before that there are plenty of quests, and from level 50 you could simply go after people and grind from time to time until you hit 60 and do the warmaster things as well.

Back to topic, I'm also mostly interested in a Star Citizen linux port
            Damn i forgot i had a email from the developers of Star Citizen

"Hi there,
            Not right now but we are hoping for linux and Mac in the future, depending on Crytek.
            Best,
            Sandi"

Comment

It might be better with openGL though.

Comment

Crysis 2 worked fine on my 580 OC on 1920x1200 with HD texture pack and maxed out on anti aliasing etc.

Comment

Crysis 3 is more demanding on the hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis3 View Post
                    It was a grindfest from 40-50 and only got worse since then. Before they raised the bar some classes could actually reasonably participate in combat. I know, as using what I learned from the other conjus in my clan and what I learned in training my Warlock I was able to help a clanmate powerlevel his knight from Lv32 to 47 in about 3 weeks of nonstop grinding with XP scrolls. He paid me to help him, I was between jobs.

In a day I got a Conju/healer to Lv16 and from then on built for only heals and buffs so we would never have to rest unless attacked by another player or to head to town and reskill. This is the only reason this was remotely tolerable and I wasn't bored to death, because we never stopped moving, I had to keep all heals and stat buffs up while also constantly watching for attackers.

By Lv32 I could start being a decent healer in a war party, by 37 quite effective, and I hit Lv42 before I had to stop helping power leveling my clanmate since I had found a new job. When I went back to playing I got the conju to Lv46 but stopped leveling up as it was taking too long, it was more fun to go into raiding parties or fort battles since I kept skilled as only heal/buff I was a rare commodity that pretty much everyone wanted on their team. Compared to the non healing "Warjus" trying to make a Conju be purely a damage dealer when it's very poorly suited for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X