Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

Phoronix: Crytek Goes Public On Linux Coder For CryENGINE

Crytek is hiring a new Linux programmer for maintaining their Linux (client-side) portion of their popular and very advanced CryENGINE game platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! That also means Star Citizen will get a Linux port.

Comment

This piece of news was already posted here.

Comment

wwoooohhhhuuuuuu, this means I will finally be able to buy crysis 2 and 3 to play them :P

Comment

It makes sense since they are shooting into Android, PS3/4, and General Linux, with the benefit of similar coding structure for Mac OS.

EA must be looking at Steam and saying they have ensured revenue in tough times from another stream, and we need a piece of that.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
            It makes sense since they are shooting into Android, PS3/4, and General Linux, with the benefit of similar coding structure for Mac OS.

EA must be looking at Steam and saying they have ensured revenue in tough times from another stream, and we need a piece of that.
            How I wish GOG thought like that...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
              wwoooohhhhuuuuuu, this means I will finally be able to buy crysis 2 and 3 to play them :P
              Too bad for you theres not a GPU in the world fast enough to play them.

Comment

So much for me having a life. If this is true I'll be uninstalling windows and playing Star Citizen all day until the end of time. Or my heart explodes.

Comment

They sucks!
                  Their web site, the application form doesn't even work at Linux, using Firefox...
                  You can't apply if you are Linux user!

Comment

Other browsers?

Tried Chrome? or any of the other Linux based browsers? Firefox isn't the only web browser on linux anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X