Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon KMS HDMI Audio Might Be Re-Enabled Soon

Phoronix: Radeon KMS HDMI Audio Might Be Re-Enabled Soon

While HDMI audio support may seem like a mundane feature for graphics drivers in 2013, the Radeon KMS driver still hasn't re-enabled support for Radeon HDMI audio on modern kernel releases. Fortunately, it looks like the important feature for HTPCs might be re-enabled soon for a better "out of the box" experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any info regarding the support for Trinity? It's the last missing feature for my desktop!

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
      Any info regarding the support for Trinity? It's the last missing feature for my desktop!
      Or later series too, I'm considering a kabini-based HTPC build now that the open driver has UVD and power management support, but it wouldn't be of much use without hdmi audio.

Any idea if we're looking at weeks, months or years for such support?

Comment

Thanks again to the developers! Exciting times for oss AMD users.

Comment

If only there could be support for bitstreaming in either this or the catalyst, then I would be very happy.

Kind regards
          Brutalix.

Comment

To which models does this announcement apply?

I have a 7970 and HDMI audio is supported by the standard HDA driver. It is not perfect because it only support stereo 16-bit 48KHZ output. That is enough to stream AC3 but I'm looking for 7 channels 24 bits 192khz that the hardware apparently provides with Windows.

Comment

Working...
            X