Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General question to the developers: Your IDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General question to the developers: Your IDE?

I'm curious: do most of you open source developers use the same IDE for consistency's sake, or do you all develop on your own personal preference?

Originally posted by NaterGator View Post
    I'm curious: do most of you open source developers use the same IDE for consistency's sake, or do you all develop on your own personal preference?
    This is a troll-istique question to which the only sane answer is of course vim. I guess others dev might use different text editor, but i don't think any of us use some IDE (if you were thinking to somethings like eclipse or Kdevelop (btw does this exist ?))

Comment

Haha, no trolling.

I know how you feel, I do mostly php work with some c++ programming and I vastly prefer simple text editors, however I feel like when you are working with massive monolithic projects a development environment may be useful

Comment

Heh... Depending on what I'm doing, it would be Emacs, Source Navigator, or Eclipse at this point. I had a brief dalliance with KDevelop and Anjuta with both of those having...issues...of varying types with their usage. Well, for me, that is. I'm sure SOMEONE uses them- and had Anjuta not fubared a few things for me in their recent versions, I probably would be using it for more projects.

Comment

Originally posted by glisse View Post
          This is a troll-istique question to which the only sane answer is of course vim.
          Only sane answer? Riight.

How about pico...

Comment

emacs of course!

Comment

A friend sent me this the other day:

Comment

Working...
              X