Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 325.08 Beta Linux GPU Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 325.08 Beta Linux GPU Driver

With the NVIDIA 323.xx proprietary display driver series reaching a mature state, NVIDIA's Unix/Linux developers today released the 325.08 Beta to kick off a new series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no Mir or Wayland Support?

ohh wait

Comment

With the NVIDIA 323.xx proprietary display driver series reaching a mature state...
      323.xx? I could have sworn the previous series was 319.xx.

Comment

Originally posted by spacetoilet View Post

ohh wait
        Oh wait Mir and Wayland are not production ready...

Comment

something about optimus support?

Comment

Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
            Oh wait Mir and Wayland are not production ready...
            Facts like that won't stop people from posting their beloved picture of Linus giving the bird. It's even funnier when someone calls Mir a "space toilet", names their Phoronix account that, and then complains about lack of Mir support. Sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by spacetoilet View Post

ohh wait
              Anyone else getting bored of this? Seriously, nvidia isn't that bad, and the reasons why most linux users reference this picture are not for the same reasons Linus did this in the first place. Linus mostly just hates how nvidia is difficult to work with. If I built a new linux machine with a focus on GPU performance, I would pick nvidia and use their binary drivers.
              Last edited by schmidtbag; 02 July 2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Anyone else getting bored of this? Seriously, nvidia isn't that bad, and the reasons why most linux users reference this picture are not for the same reasons Linus did this in the first place. Linus mostly just hates how nvidia is difficult to work with. If I built a new linux machine with a focus on GPU performance, I would pick nvidia and use their binary drivers.
                If you build a computer with the intention of using proprietary drivers then nVidia is obviously the only good choice... But most people don't need the proprietary drivers, in which case AMD is the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  If you build a computer with the intention of using proprietary drivers then nVidia is obviously the only good choice... But most people don't need the proprietary drivers, in which case AMD is the best choice.
                  Then you don't even need a dedicated graphics card in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                    Then you don't even need a dedicated graphics card in the first place.
                    That's probably very true. I honestly think an APU is more than adequate for the majority of people. Newer Intel or any AMD APU would do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X