Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: NVIDIA Releases 325.08 Beta Linux GPU Driver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,344

    Default NVIDIA Releases 325.08 Beta Linux GPU Driver

    Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 325.08 Beta Linux GPU Driver

    With the NVIDIA 323.xx proprietary display driver series reaching a mature state, NVIDIA's Unix/Linux developers today released the 325.08 Beta to kick off a new series...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQwMTE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    no Mir or Wayland Support?




    ohh wait

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Torrington, Ct. USA
    Posts
    157

    Default

    With the NVIDIA 323.xx proprietary display driver series reaching a mature state...
    323.xx? I could have sworn the previous series was 319.xx.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee. FL
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacetoilet View Post
    no Mir or Wayland Support?




    ohh wait
    Oh wait Mir and Wayland are not production ready...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    something about optimus support?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcharron View Post
    Oh wait Mir and Wayland are not production ready...
    Facts like that won't stop people from posting their beloved picture of Linus giving the bird. It's even funnier when someone calls Mir a "space toilet", names their Phoronix account that, and then complains about lack of Mir support. Sigh....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacetoilet View Post
    no Mir or Wayland Support?




    ohh wait
    Anyone else getting bored of this? Seriously, nvidia isn't that bad, and the reasons why most linux users reference this picture are not for the same reasons Linus did this in the first place. Linus mostly just hates how nvidia is difficult to work with. If I built a new linux machine with a focus on GPU performance, I would pick nvidia and use their binary drivers.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 07-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Anyone else getting bored of this? Seriously, nvidia isn't that bad, and the reasons why most linux users reference this picture are not for the same reasons Linus did this in the first place. Linus mostly just hates how nvidia is difficult to work with. If I built a new linux machine with a focus on GPU performance, I would pick nvidia and use their binary drivers.
    If you build a computer with the intention of using proprietary drivers then nVidia is obviously the only good choice... But most people don't need the proprietary drivers, in which case AMD is the best choice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby229 View Post
    If you build a computer with the intention of using proprietary drivers then nVidia is obviously the only good choice... But most people don't need the proprietary drivers, in which case AMD is the best choice.
    Then you don't even need a dedicated graphics card in the first place.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calinou View Post
    Then you don't even need a dedicated graphics card in the first place.
    That's probably very true. I honestly think an APU is more than adequate for the majority of people. Newer Intel or any AMD APU would do just fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •