Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UVD for 4670 with powermanagement enabled was fixed again in 3.12-rc

Comment

I've just installed Ubuntu 13.10. Since it came with kernel 3.11 and mesa 9.2.1 I've tried to use vdpau. But apparantely there is not vdpau_r600.so so I've downloaded the latest mesa (10.0) and compiled with the following options: ./configure --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-dri-drivers=radeon --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-vdpau --enable-glx-tls --enable-gallium-llvm --with-llvm-shared-libs

And then I've just made a sudo make install. Now vdpau works fine with mplayer, but - if I run a glxinfo the opengl version is 2.1
      Code:
      OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710
      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.0.0-devel (git-c325aa5)
      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
      Anyone does have any ideas to how I can get back to opengl 3.1 and also have the vdpau backend ?

Comment

Originally posted by fioan89 View Post
        I've just installed Ubuntu 13.10. Since it came with kernel 3.11 and mesa 9.2.1 I've tried to use vdpau. But apparantely there is not vdpau_r600.so so I've downloaded the latest mesa (10.0) and compiled with the following options: ./configure --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm --with-dri-drivers=radeon --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-gbm --enable-shared-glapi --enable-vdpau --enable-glx-tls --enable-gallium-llvm --with-llvm-shared-libs
        you need to add "--enable-texture-float" (and you can replace "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" with "--with-dri-drivers=" because the gallium driver is enough).

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
          you can replace "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" with "--with-dri-drivers=" because the gallium driver is enough.
          Using that option still builds the dri .so files. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
            I think (but could be wrong) that:
            • the default is to build the classic drivers
            • that "--with-dri-drivers=" is equivalent to default
            • whereas "--with-dri-drivers=" "", on the other hand, specifies no classic driver

See:
            * http://www.mesa3d.org/autoconf.html
            * http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo/ ... do note: that the description states that "you would only need radeon, one of the specific drivers for your own card (r200, r300 or r600) and swrast for software fall back in case of problems with DRI or Gallium driver" but that is incorrect -- radeon is the classic r100 driver ... so, after updating it a bit, it should state something along the lines of "you would only need one of the specific drivers (radeon, r200, r300, r600, radeonsi) that is applicable for your own device and .... "

Comment

you need to add "--enable-texture-float" (and you can replace "--with-dri-drivers=radeon" with "--with-dri-drivers=" because the gallium driver is enough).
              Thank a lot! I've just reinstalled my ubuntu. I did the thing but I just want to say that I was to afraid to break my system again so instead of doing a sudo make install, I've just made
              Code:
               make -j4
              and then copied everything from
              Code:
              ./lib/gallium/*
              to
              Code:
              /usr/local/lib/vdpau
              . You need to make a few adjustments like creating the vdpau folder and also don't copy the "*so.1" files. Then just add an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/z.conf for /usr/local/lib/vdpau followed by running ldconfig.

vdpau seems to work fine, also my OpenGL version is at 3.1. Ah what a joy:dpm is up and running my laptop cold, vdpau is letting me enjoy hd movies, and I can also play some decent games! Isn't that wonderfull?

Thanks again!

Comment

Gallium drivers are also DRI drivers but the option for the configure script is just for classic drivers. The build result for the gallium r600 driver is "r600_dri.so"
                Last edited by droste; 21 October 2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Gallium drivers are also DRI drivers but the option for the configure script is just for classic drivers. The build result for the gallium r600 driver is "r600_dri.so"
                  I think you have misunderstood him droste -- I'm pretty sure he knows all of that which you wrote, and that it is just a case that he used "dri" in the sense of the vernacular of the mesa build config options. Meaning his question could equally have been written:

"Using that option (of just listing the gallium drivers and having a blank listing for the classic drivers) still builds the classic dri drivers too. Why?"

which is the question as I understand it and addressed above.
                  Last edited by Tyler_K; 21 October 2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

That explains it. Gallium was working anyway, but i was just curious - for casual builders the dri/xorg/ terminology seems a bit complicated sometimes.
                    Last edited by gradinaruvasile; 21 October 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

That explains it. .
                      then I stand corrected ... carry on

Comment

Working...
                      X