Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuaddicted View Post
    I am running Xubuntu 14.04 and am still on XFCE 4.10, i see the roadmap dates for XFCE have all had there dates crossed out. Does this mean that the XFCE desktop suite has no developers? I'd sort of like to know so that I can start searching for another Desktop suite to use instead. I love the lightweightness of XFCE, maybe I should go try LXDE.
    Necromancer, have a look at http://git.xfce.org

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuaddicted View Post
    I am running Xubuntu 14.04 and am still on XFCE 4.10, i see the roadmap dates for XFCE have all had there dates crossed out. Does this mean that the XFCE desktop suite has no developers? I'd sort of like to know so that I can start searching for another Desktop suite to use instead. I love the lightweightness of XFCE, maybe I should go try LXDE.
    Over the past 2 months there have been 79 unique committers, via email address, as noted via https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce4-commits/ so it seems fairly active. I don't know what the distribution breaks down to though so it may be a lot of work in non core areas, or relatively small fixes. Perhaps someone has a script that can parse git emails to make a pretty graph.

  3. #43

    Default

    who is necromancer? when I look at that I see all the packages that make up the XFCE suite. i don't know what to do with that. is there a PPA for 4.12 for development or testers?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuaddicted View Post
    who is necromancer? when I look at that I see all the packages that make up the XFCE suite. i don't know what to do with that. is there a PPA for 4.12 for development or testers?
    Sure, but it doesn't appear to be being kept up to date. The last upload appears to have been on April 2, 2014 and there are no builds for 14.04 yet.

    https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev

    https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/xfce-4.12

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuaddicted View Post
    I am running Xubuntu 14.04 and am still on XFCE 4.10, i see the roadmap dates for XFCE have all had there dates crossed out. Does this mean that the XFCE desktop suite has no developers? I'd sort of like to know so that I can start searching for another Desktop suite to use instead. I love the lightweightness of XFCE, maybe I should go try LXDE.
    You can always just use KDE with compositing disabled. ( Alt + Shift + F12, then uncheck it in system settings)

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmstick View Post
    You can always just use KDE with compositing disabled. ( Alt + Shift + F12, then uncheck it in system settings)
    Right, because everyone know KDE magically turns into Xfce if you disable compositing.

    But seriously, I doubt many of us run Xfce without Xfwm's own or an external compositor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •