Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Linux games in steam not advertised as available on Linux when they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Linux games in steam not advertised as available on Linux when they are?

As in the title.

Prime example Leisure Suit Larry was released a couple of days ago with Linux version available on launch yet steam only advertises it as avaliable for Windows and Mac. WTF? This seems to happen all the time. There are many games on steam available for Linux but with no indication that they are. I understand the betas such as the Value ports not being advertised. But why are so many release versions of games not showing up as supported under linux?

How would *we* know? Ask Valve.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      How would *we* know? Ask Valve.
      Well I was assuming this might have come up before and that someone here might know the answer.
      Last edited by timothyja; 29 June 2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the developers have got a few things issues to resolve before they put the game up on steam. I'm sure they'll get around to it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by timothyja View Post
          There are many games on steam available for Linux but with no indication that they are.
          Which are?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
            Which are?
            Well it happens everytime that a new Humble bundle comes out. As already mentioned Leisure Suit Larry, apparently Half Life 2 and Portal are out of beta but it still doesnt say there avaliable for Linux. So my point is why if there games are available why dont that just automatically show up as available for linux??

Comment

Originally posted by timothyja View Post
              Well it happens everytime that a new Humble bundle comes out. As already mentioned Leisure Suit Larry, apparently Half Life 2 and Portal are out of beta but it still doesnt say there avaliable for Linux. So my point is why if there games are available why dont that just automatically show up as available for linux??
              They currently show up in the Linux game list in Steam.

Comment

The issue you speak of is being discussed here.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
                  Perhaps the developers have got a few things issues to resolve before they put the game up on steam. I'm sure they'll get around to it :-)
                  Well I bought red orchestra ostfront 41-45 recently and the game is advertised everywhere as linux done but I noticed how slow it ran even with my GTS450 for a 2006 era game. The game dropped to ridiculous 10-15 fps margins time to time. After searching forums for an answer I learned that steam community overlay was the problem, disabled it for this game and it runs very well now. So you never know

Comment

Valve Time

Comment

Working...
                    X