Best LCD Monitor for Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LCD Monitor for Linux?

I would like to hear opinions on which LCD monitor I should buy. I'm wanting one with 1024x768 resolution, probably VGA, no 'touchscreen' junk, and it should 'just work' with Linux.

Well, you'll be looking at a 15" if you want that as a native resolution. In which case you're most likely looking at second-hand.

Any monitor other than the few Apple ones that use Thunderbolt should work perfectly with Linux.

Comment

I think i8DRM is some copy paste spam bot. No sane person would ask for 1024x768 in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by PreferLinux View Post
        Well, you'll be looking at a 15" if you want that as a native resolution. In which case you're most likely looking at second-hand.

Any monitor other than the few Apple ones that use Thunderbolt should work perfectly with Linux.
        Yeah, 15" sounds about right. Second hand is no problem. Was hoping for recommendation of brand/model number of monitor with good rep for reliability or ease of use for Linux or something.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
          I think i8DRM is some copy paste spam bot. No sane person would ask for 1024x768 in 2013.
          I'm doing a legacy build, and if that twists yer undies, I don't care...your premission ain't required, your approval ain't needed!

Comment

I've recently recycled an old LG monitor with those specs, works well and pixel perfect. 10yo, 15" 1024x768. I can't comment on the history of the monitor.

Comment

Working...
            X