Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Has Massive Radeon Patch Set - Power Management!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I literately danced for joy seeing this headline! Now I'll be able to use linux again! (My laptop uses a A4 chip and wouldn't suspend resume with the blob).

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you AMD!

Comment

Fuck yeah!! Bridgman told us before that catalyst PM code is bigger than entire FOSS 3D stack, I will be happy about his comment on that.

Comment

If AMD keeps this up people are going to start thinking AMD cares about open source.

Comment

Originally posted by devguy View Post
          There's also a reasonably good chance that Ubuntu 13.10 will use the 3.11 Linux Kernel. That'll be quite the OOB experience for R600+ GPU users like myself!
          It is hidden behind a kernel command-line parameter for now, so it might not be enabled by default until Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. But yeah this is insanely awesome and if this actually works I am kicking out Catalyst in a heartbeat.
          Last edited by d2kx; 26 June 2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

With this the open source driver is feature complete. It now supports 2d, 3d, suspend/resume and power management.

Yay! We now have an alternative to Intel!

Comment

Wow, the actual reason I wasn't using the radeon driver was power management, but now that's fixed! So awesome. Bye bye Catalyst glitches!
              Can't wait to use it.
              Good job radeon team. For all the latest accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
                With this the open source driver is feature complete. It now supports 2d, 3d, suspend/resume and power management.
                We are still missing OpenCL

But the improvements are amazing. Everything they've promissed, they've delivered, including some stuff they did not promise: UVD, advanced power management, launch-day support...

Mad props to the AMD Linux team, and to the independent developers.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post

Yay! We now have an alternative to Intel!
                  We still need opengl 4.2 support, not just 3.1. Although opengl 3.3 has been around the corner for some time now.

Comment

Yes! Once again the amd opensource team saves us from the total disappointment that is fglrx!

Thanks a lot. Really. This will make my laptop experience so much better.

Comment

uvd working in rs880?

Whoohoo ... thx amd and the oss-devs

by the way ... is uvd now working in rs880 ... in git i saw this commit

Comment

Working...
                      X