The FSF Has A New High Priority Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
    Don't feed the troll. Ignore lists exist for a reason.
    The concept of ignore lists is flawed. If you have a room full of people and one person doesn't bathe/smells offensive, you don't hand out clothespins for everyone else to put on their nose. Ignore lists don't work when others feed the trolling and it derails the thread. If someone is an obnoxious, attention-seeking @$$ that a majority of users can't stand, the solution is to warn/ban that person (temporarily at first).

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
      Don't feed the troll. Ignore lists exist for a reason.
      OT question: Can I somehow block said troll from wasting precious display space?
      (As far as I know, FreeBB (?) doesn't offer this option)...

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Boring

Sounds pretty boring and useless.

I love BitTorrent, but I find this whole BitTorrent sync to just be silly and useless.
        I don't see the point in it.

Comment

Wee Ha! Man the guns! All hands on deck! We're goin' P2P in 2014!

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            Also for the rest of you, if I don't agree with your views it doesn't mean I'm trolling you tools. I know about fsf because I research this stuff but people usually don't give a f*** about ideology and other crap. FSF for all practical purposes is dead and it doesn't develop anything. Bringing attention to issues? Hahahaha. They needed a foundation for this? Their front page of the website is really done to drive people away thinking this is a conspiracy website not some real stuff.
            I tend to agree that the FSF is pretty useless these days, but I'm not sure what you gain by attacking them here. I think that's why people are calling you a troll - your style comes across as attacking rather than just pointing out an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
              So FSF 'highlights' what others should do? What a fucking joke this FSF is..... Do they actually do anything or just circle jerk about how hardcore they must be for creating the foundation?
              As much as I hate you and your posting style. There does appear to be a degree of truth in what you're saying this time.
              No, this is actually one of the worst pieces of rubbish I've heard from him. He either totally ignores or simply disregard the fact that GNU, as a FSF project, accounts for the single largest contributor of almost every existing more-than-Linux distro; and that this OS whatever you call it wouldn't exist if not for the FSF. Either way he's a fool.

I think BO$$ loves Ubuntu, doesn't he? He may want to hear what Canonical has to say regarding the FSF.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                Wee Ha! Man the guns! All hands on deck! We're goin' P2P in 2014!
                The interesting thing is that the latest nightly builds of browsers support peer-to-peer functionality in JavaScript.

So now you can build peer-to-peer file sharing services on the web with JavaScript.

Comment

Originally posted by IsacDaavid View Post
                  No, this is actually one of the worst pieces of rubbish I've heard from him. He either totally ignores or simply disregard the fact that GNU, as a FSF project, accounts for the single largest contributor of almost every existing more-than-Linux distro; and that this OS whatever you call it wouldn't exist if not for the FSF. Either way he's a fool.

I think BO$$ loves Ubuntu, doesn't he? He may want to hear what Canonical has to say regarding the FSF.
                  fsf hasn't done anything at all, in years. Their so-called "high priority" projects (see powervr/intelzXXX driver) haven't gone anywhere. In fact, I think people AVOID things that the fsf likes.

Also, there are alternatives to all of those core utilities, which also happen to be free. Take busybox and bionic as examples.

Comment

This is just stupid, dont you guys see what you are fighting about? You are fighting over whose football team is the best....you all either miss or ignore the objective values of this matter and fight over petty things like favouritisms and purely belief based assumptions.

The FSF is there and states its opinion on certain matters and makes campaigns trying to spread the word, it is GNU/Linux, most F/OSS software uses GPL or GPL style licenses, RMS goes around the world giving speeches and spreading the word about the benefits of FOSS software and having access to the source as a security measure and a learning tool, if it wasnt for them we wounldnt even have a voice, you dont seem to get how politics work, it's not about what you do but how many people you can reach, that's why linux isnt mainstream, because we lack support that big corporations just pay for.

See for example those as-seen-on-tv ads, they sell bullshit, you all know they are a lie, yet they sell and make millions. You have great software with everything people could need but no one knows about you (ask people what is linux and most wont even know what windows is....), and so you die alone. It's not just about making clones of what people use, you have to take into account the cost, its effectiveness and how to spread it.
                    This is a great idea because it makes it easy to do what you would have to spend a lot of time researching just to get some basic setup going. No one seems to get people are not trained to think, they are mostly sheeps, and you expect them to invest time to get something done when they can just download an exe and set everything up in less than a minute? "Being FOSS didnt get the job done, so it's useless." This idea could get the job done, FSF is spreading the word, now we just need someone to put the workforce to code it.
                    You miss the whole point of the FSF putting it in their list, it's not just a symbolism, "this" is the idea, we here discussing about it. If a magazine publishes this in paper, those that buy it will also know.

And no, it's not easier to use the console when you have no idea what a console is. As i'm sure most have seen software has tended to be more fancy one bottom solutions than something productive over the years, a slider going from poor to high quality rather than 45 textboxes, with names you dont even know what they mean, for the different settings for the h264 encoder. So yeah people spent time learning how to use DOS back them, but just a few, compared to the amount of people that used windows nowadays. This is the teach people how to fish vs giving people some fish to eat dilemma, you are asking people to to spend years learning how to do the stuff they need on linux vs just grabbing the exe that already works on windows from the "almost infinite bucket full of freeware/adware fishes" called internet. There's no use in learning when you dont need to to get the same result. And because people cant see the difference choosing windows is the most logical solution.

Those that whine about the FSF being useless miss the whole point of what they do, that's pure ignorance, just like those that say that politicians are "stupid" because we have economics crisis and poverty.....

Please stop being human and start thinking, some AIs are more rational that some around here...

Comment

Working...
                    X