Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 319.32 Linux GPU Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 319.32 Linux GPU Driver

NVIDIA has issued an updated proprietary Linux graphics driver in their 319.xx driver series. The NVIDIA 319.32 Linux graphics driver release brings with it some new hardware support and features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly, again no linux-3.10-support.

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
      Sadly, again no linux-3.10-support.
      3.10 is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        3.10 is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?
        The 319.32 driver is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?

Comment

My desktop just died

I have the 319.something most recent from xorg edgers and I'm running mex based on 12.10 ubuntu with about 7 desktops. Yesterday after moving to another room in the house upstairs and plugging everything back up I suffered a serious error. I could no longer boot into KDE desktop and now I had to hit tab twice during boot up just to get it to properly boot into the mex log in screen. I eventually figured out to disable boot logo and display bios message with tab and it keeps showing over and over again with each attempt to reboot that there are 2 nvidia persistence daemons one fail and one ok. I tried everything to get it to boot into every desktop and the only one it would accept to boot up into after hitting tab twice was the xfce desktop. Even that failed sometimes. I finally used unetbootin to stick the most recent 13.04 mex distro on a usb card reader and inserted it and used f8 to make it boot from the usb and it asked me if i wanted to try mex or install and all the other stuff and I chose install mex and then it just sat there for 30 minutes or maybe 35 doing nothing. I couldn't tell if the usb was actively transferring or whatever was going on I just waited doing stuff on my laptop. Well after about 35 minutes i hit the reset on my desktop and now my desktop is in total limbo.
          It is toally dead it won't boot up into anything. There is no bios there is nothing.
          Last edited by aironeous; 25 June 2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            The 319.32 driver is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?
            You are wrong, this drivers is stable

Descarga el controlador Español (España) Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver para sistemas Linux 64-bit Publicada 2013.6.25

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
              I have the 319.something most recent from xorg edgers and I'm running mex based on 12.10 ubuntu with about 7 desktops. Yesterday after moving to another room in the house upstairs and plugging everything back up I suffered a serious error. I could no longer boot into KDE desktop and now I had to hit tab twice during boot up just to get it to properly boot into the mex log in screen. I eventually figured out to disable boot logo and display bios message with tab and it keeps showing over and over again with each attempt to reboot that there are 2 nvidia persistence daemons one fail and one ok. I tried everything to get it to boot into every desktop and the only one it would accept to boot up into after hitting tab twice was the xfce desktop. Even that failed sometimes. I finally used unetbootin to stick the most recent 13.04 mex distro on a usb card reader and inserted it and used f8 to make it boot from the usb and it asked me if i wanted to try mex or install and all the other stuff and I chose install mex and then it just sat there for 30 minutes or maybe 35 doing nothing. I couldn't tell if the usb was actively transferring or whatever was going on I just waited doing stuff on my laptop. Well after about 35 minutes i hit the reset on my desktop and now my desktop is in total limbo.
              It is toally dead it won't boot up into anything. There is no bios there is nothing.
              Desktop? Reseat all cards, sata/ide cables and memory modules. Something is probably loosen while moving thus causing instability.

Comment

Working...
              X