Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: NVIDIA Releases 319.32 Linux GPU Driver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default NVIDIA Releases 319.32 Linux GPU Driver

    Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 319.32 Linux GPU Driver

    NVIDIA has issued an updated proprietary Linux graphics driver in their 319.xx driver series. The NVIDIA 319.32 Linux graphics driver release brings with it some new hardware support and features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5NTI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Sadly, again no linux-3.10-support.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towo2099 View Post
    Sadly, again no linux-3.10-support.
    3.10 is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calinou View Post
    3.10 is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?
    The 319.32 driver is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    78

    Default My desktop just died

    I have the 319.something most recent from xorg edgers and I'm running mex based on 12.10 ubuntu with about 7 desktops. Yesterday after moving to another room in the house upstairs and plugging everything back up I suffered a serious error. I could no longer boot into KDE desktop and now I had to hit tab twice during boot up just to get it to properly boot into the mex log in screen. I eventually figured out to disable boot logo and display bios message with tab and it keeps showing over and over again with each attempt to reboot that there are 2 nvidia persistence daemons one fail and one ok. I tried everything to get it to boot into every desktop and the only one it would accept to boot up into after hitting tab twice was the xfce desktop. Even that failed sometimes. I finally used unetbootin to stick the most recent 13.04 mex distro on a usb card reader and inserted it and used f8 to make it boot from the usb and it asked me if i wanted to try mex or install and all the other stuff and I chose install mex and then it just sat there for 30 minutes or maybe 35 doing nothing. I couldn't tell if the usb was actively transferring or whatever was going on I just waited doing stuff on my laptop. Well after about 35 minutes i hit the reset on my desktop and now my desktop is in total limbo.
    It is toally dead it won't boot up into anything. There is no bios there is nothing.
    Last edited by aironeous; 06-25-2013 at 10:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    The 319.32 driver is not a stable release yet. Is there any reason you want to use it?
    You are wrong, this drivers is stable

    http://www.nvidia.es/object/linux-di...driver-es.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arctic circle, Finland
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
    I have the 319.something most recent from xorg edgers and I'm running mex based on 12.10 ubuntu with about 7 desktops. Yesterday after moving to another room in the house upstairs and plugging everything back up I suffered a serious error. I could no longer boot into KDE desktop and now I had to hit tab twice during boot up just to get it to properly boot into the mex log in screen. I eventually figured out to disable boot logo and display bios message with tab and it keeps showing over and over again with each attempt to reboot that there are 2 nvidia persistence daemons one fail and one ok. I tried everything to get it to boot into every desktop and the only one it would accept to boot up into after hitting tab twice was the xfce desktop. Even that failed sometimes. I finally used unetbootin to stick the most recent 13.04 mex distro on a usb card reader and inserted it and used f8 to make it boot from the usb and it asked me if i wanted to try mex or install and all the other stuff and I chose install mex and then it just sat there for 30 minutes or maybe 35 doing nothing. I couldn't tell if the usb was actively transferring or whatever was going on I just waited doing stuff on my laptop. Well after about 35 minutes i hit the reset on my desktop and now my desktop is in total limbo.
    It is toally dead it won't boot up into anything. There is no bios there is nothing.
    Desktop? Reseat all cards, sata/ide cables and memory modules. Something is probably loosen while moving thus causing instability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •