Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE 13.1 M2 Plays On PulseAudio 4.0

Phoronix: openSUSE 13.1 M2 Plays On PulseAudio 4.0

In addition to Debian 7.1, another new Linux distribution release this weekend is openSUSE 13.1 Milestone 2. The openSUSE 13.1 M2 release contains many package updates and other changes over its predecessor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: openSUSE 13.1 M2 Plays On PulseAudio 4.0

In addition to Debian 7.1, another new Linux distribution release this weekend is openSUSE 13.1 Milestone 2. The openSUSE 13.1 M2 release contains many package updates and other changes over its predecessor...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5MDQ
    Anyone here use openSUSE as their main distro? I've been in a toss up between openSUSE and Fedora as my future distro-of-choice.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Sure, and I'm not the only one. But I doubt that this fact will make your choice easier. Especially because most of the users of a distro are kind of biased :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Anyone here use openSUSE as their main distro? I've been in a toss up between openSUSE and Fedora as my future distro-of-choice.
        Yeah I use openSUSE. Switched back from other distros for the 12-series. It has improved greatly since 11.x with systemd, awesome package management with zypper, trimmed down yast, and tumbleweed repos for staying up to date with packages (my main reason for moving away in the first place). They even have this neat one click install link format (.ymp) which just lets you lazily tell yast to do stuff for you. I haven't used Fedora in a while so I can't comment on its current state. I will say if you like KDE to check out screenshots for openSUSE 12.3, because their new theme is really slick, and they've always had fantastic firefox integration. (using native kde open file dialogs rather than gtk for example)

Comment

Working...
        X