I got robbed at gunpoint today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I seriously doubt that this gun was legally purchased. I'm convinced it was black market. Of course I didnt ask the guy where he got his gun, but from the looks of him I doubt very much that he got it through legal means.
    while this may be true... in a land where guns are legal and quite common amog people it is easy to hide illegal guns.
    in countries without such legal guns all available it is much much harder to acquire illegal ones from a black market.

there is no civilized country other than the usa where you can get guns legal or not as easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Can you think of any other country that legalizes civilian gun ownership?
      Whether or not it is legal in a country to carry firearms, you'll have people that has them anyway. What makes it fairly obvious is the use of the word 'bucks' which I mostly associate with USA, though I guess Canada, Australia, and a few other countries could be using it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
        This is all ridiculous.

In the US we have the right to own firearms, and the 99.9th percentile is responsible with them. It is an inalienable right of the people. For the political left to accomplish a ban is a matter of ignoring the constitution, passing laws they know they cannot get away with legitimately, and either buying off or blackmailing judges on the SCOTUS using NSA dossiers.

For them to enforce it is another thing. They would have to go door to door with SWAT teams, breaking in and killing those who refuse to comply. Make no mistake: Americans will fight back. You would have to MURDER families of good people, whom have done nothing wrong beyond refusing to comply with a fascistic pseudo-pacifist agenda to turn us into cattle resembling the people of the UK or Australia.

To the naysayers: disarm yourselves, you have that option. Move to a country where guns are banned if you want. But advocating banning guns here is advocating mass murder, and the only reason you can sit there guiltless with your cup of tea screaming "disarm!" is because you wont be the ones kicking down doors killing the fathers, sons and military veterans who refuse to become slaves of the state.
        Really? As long as we need money to survive in this world, we're all slaves of the state!
        How are people that lives in a country where weapons are banned, cattle, any more than people that lives in countries with guns? I come from Denmark, and in all of Europe guns are banned. Why on earth would that make us cattle? We have our voices, democracy n' all that. We have no need to to threaten anyone to comply with our opinions.
        You WILL see a few armed robberies, but those are very rare. Guns are quite expensive and hard to come by, so if you had one, you wouldn't use it to get peanuts. Also, there's a lot of people that pays with creditcards, so there's very little cash. We have gangs that carries weapons, but they rarely hurt anyone outside of other gangs. It's all about control over the drug-market, so they may break in and steal from warehouses, they may be at war with other gangs, but as long as you're not in the crossfire, you're pretty safe. The Police is doing what they can to rid the cities of those gangs, but as long as there's a drug-market, there will be gangs.

As for the SWAT-teams. Do you really believe that ANYONE in their right mind, would attempt to take out a group, likely to be more people than there are guns in the house, well trained, and wearing body-armor? No proper parent would ever choose a gun over their children. Then you might argue that you have the gun to protect your children, but how safe are you really if you have the state on your back.

I will say though, that because of the amount of guns that exists in the US, it's likely to be safer to be able to defend one self, as many small time criminals are likely to posses guns, even if SWAT went around, knocking on doors. So yeah, ridding a country of that size of guns, would be troublesome for the population, but I strongly disagree that citizens of countries where guns are banned are cattle. I don't care how many guns you have. Unless you have an army with military training that's able to match the army in your country, you're still cattle, if not being cattle, means being able to take on the state.

I'd rather live in a country where the chance of me being threatened with a gun, is close to none existing, and not have a gun, than live in a country, where it's a good idea to posses a gun, to be able to defend yourself, in the somewhat likely event that someone pulls a gun on you.

Comment

Originally posted by UraniumDeer View Post
          I'd rather live in a country where the chance of me being threatened with a gun, is close to none existing, and not have a gun, than live in a country, where it's a good idea to posses a gun, to be able to defend yourself, in the somewhat likely event that someone pulls a gun on you.
          you won't get this into the head of a weapon industries slave. it is one of the most successfull marketing lies ever: arm yourself to defend your freedom... (taken that i am only talking about first world countries).

you must be really damn narrow minded to beleive in this... but you know, every country has the right of its own narrow minded people and every country has them, more or less the same amount, just of different manifestation.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
            Experience also counts. You can train and train, but it's situations you've never seen before and only trained for that are most likely to get you. With the number of times I've had to defend myself with field expedient weapons, I do tend to go on autopilot and come out on top. I'm still here after resisting more armed and strong-armed robbery and gaybashing attempts than I can count them all. On the other hand, I also remember the first time I ever saw a deer-and it was from a car's drivers seat. They were not yet common and I had never seen one before, so my brain "threw an exception" and I wound up hitting the deer, thankfully too slow to smash up the car and she was able to get back up too.
            And you're right, of course: experience counts, sometimes for a lot. From limited but more than I cared for experience, I know the first time for a number of things purely throws one for a loop, even if for an instant. After the first, your mind and body have some frame of reference to go by, which often can help. (And yeah, there are a lot of conditionals in my reply; there are lot of those same or similar conditonals in real life, as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Guns are commodities too. Just like any other black market commodity, if you want to kill the black market you need to deregulate extensively.
              This seems right and logical but you don't have a large black market without a large demand and if there is a strong regulation, the demand will certainly decrease over time.
              It's not like if you can be addict to gun, you only need to have one if the other guy have one.
              If the probability that the victims have a gun decrease, the agressors just don't need to have one. But yes, he's still an agressor and bad things can happen, the victim is just less likely to die.

Comment

Also, there's a lot of people that pays with creditcards, so there's very little cash.
                And in my humble opinion that is the biggest problem in Europe right now. It's becoming more and more of a problem right here in America. You take away a poor mans cash your taking away all he has. He doesnt have high dollar bank accounts and high credit scores.... What he has is the cash that he's earned, often sitting in a small checking account or a direct deposit pay card.There aren't too many feelings that are better then when you have a bunch of cash in your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                  Experience also counts. You can train and train, but it's situations you've never seen before and only trained for that are most likely to get you. With the number of times I've had to defend myself with field expedient weapons, I do tend to go on autopilot and come out on top. I'm still here after resisting more armed and strong-armed robbery and gaybashing attempts than I can count them all. On the other hand, I also remember the first time I ever saw a deer-and it was from a car's drivers seat. They were not yet common and I had never seen one before, so my brain "threw an exception" and I wound up hitting the deer, thankfully too slow to smash up the car and she was able to get back up too.
                  Speaking about Deer, Years ago I had a job working as a subcontractor installing cable tv. Well, one day I was running late, it was already dark and I had one more house to go to and it was all the way out past rt62. So, I'm floating down 62 going at least 70mph And the next thing I know it's deer in the headlight time! This was a 2002 GMC Sahara. Yeah, well, the deer had at least 8 points and was a decent size rack and the rack just missed the windsheild. At which point I slammed on the breaks and watched the deer slide forward down the forward at least another 30 yards..... And then he got up and ran away....

He got hit by a utility van at 70mph, slide at least 30 yards on pavement, then got up and ran off.

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
                    you won't get this into the head of a weapon industries slave. it is one of the most successfull marketing lies ever: arm yourself to defend your freedom... (taken that i am only talking about first world countries).

you must be really damn narrow minded to beleive in this... but you know, every country has the right of its own narrow minded people and every country has them, more or less the same amount, just of different manifestation.
                    I take it your solution would be to disarm the US general population?

Comment

As for the SWAT-teams. Do you really believe that ANYONE in their right mind, would attempt to take out a group, likely to be more people than there are guns in the house, well trained, and wearing body-armor? No proper parent would ever choose a gun over their children. Then you might argue that you have the gun to protect your children, but how safe are you really if you have the state on your back.
                      This will never happen on a large scale, I have some statistics I would like to quote once I find them again, but it came down to ...

1. For ever US Solder, and Federal Government Official there is 310 armed civilians.
                      2. 90% of the Us Military's assets is located in highly urbanized areas.
                      3. Only 20% of US Military Personal would, participate in a gun grab on us soil.
                      4. 300+ sheriffs departments, have joined forces and started deputizing us civilians, in the event they have
                      to defend the general population from the Federal Government attempting to disarm the general population.
                      5. 13 States have already declared sovereignty from the Federal Government.
                      6. 13 States "Same ones who declared sovereignty" have made it illegal for anyone to in-force unconstitutional laws
                      that would seek to disarm the general population.
                      7. It isn't strategically possible with out the use of "Nukes" to successfully invade the US.

If it ever comes to a Police, Military attempting to, disarms the population, once word spreads, you will be finding those particular Police/Military personal floating in a Lake/Pond/River someplace.

I live in a small city of 50,000. It would take every police department in my state just to disarm them if everyone was armed and prepared.

Comment

Working...
                      X