Reasons For Losing Motivation In Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TAXI View Post
    Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face? I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.

Why do you need them? Anyway, I'm affected by this, for example: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58667
    But again: Ranting wasn't what I wanted to do. Just holding duby229 a mirror into his face...
    I use Radeon HD5850, X1900 and will use on Mobility HD3870. I had HyperZ bug, reported it and it was fixed.
    Duby229 might use GPU that is unaffected by your bug.

Thanks for providing bug nr! I will watch it. Please think about possibility to vote 20$ or more for fixing of this bug and ask on other popular forums for interested people with same chipset to unite and bunp the payment. If it doesn't matter what driver you run, then .. nothing will change anything...

Other possibilities I can think of is to ask Michael, I think Michael has access to Cayman hardware.
    Last edited by brosis; 16 June 2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face?

I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.

Why do you need them? Anyway, I'm affected by this, for example: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58667
      But again: Ranting wasn't what I wanted to do. Just holding duby229 a mirror into his face...

So the bug reports are imaginary and only what you tell is the truth?

So now we have legitimate imaginary bugs?

Where did I do that? I used the FOSS driver in the past, experienced the bugs, tried to get them fixed and cause that failed switched to catalyst. Now you're also changing my words. No need to talk to you any future, welcome to my ignore list.

I hate playing quoting games, so I'm not going to do it. I'm just going to respond to what you wrote.

Yes, I'm baised. Duh.. Obvious isnt it? I never made the claim that the OSS radeon drivers were complete. Only that for r600 class chips the driver works very well. Power management is really the last major building block that needs to be put in place. The sooner the better. The major infrastructure is done. Even Optimizations have been done. I have it running on a 2600 AGP, a 3850 PCIe, a 5830 PCIe, and a 6850 PCIe. It works flawlessly across these various chips. I personally haven't experienced any bugs to report for a while.

I apologize if I took what you wrote out of context. It seemed to me that you were using Catalyst as an excuse for not trying the newest OSS code. If that isn't what you were doing then, again I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaNaNa View Post
        Cairo has nothing, I repeat nothing whatsoever to do with Wayland. Stop trolling the community, ML.
        Weston, the reference implementation of wayland, has a direct build dependency on cairo. I'd call that much more of a relationship than "nothing whatsoever".

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        so maybe this segfault xwayland bug is more transcedental than a minimal patch to hack it fast and require for optimal use that keith merge the dri3000 branch or example.
        I never intended to imply I believed it was an easy problem to fix. But Vignatti did pull out an existing patch that krh applied which apparently fixed it.

I have been unable to reproduce the mesa problem recently, so I re-started my automated build testing. (And since caught a gobject-introspection make check problem: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=702505 )

The xwayland problem had a patch committed, which should fix it.

Cairo I think still hasn't committed a patch for their tests.

I tried running weston again. Every time I walk away from my computer and the screensaver kicks in, the display becomes unusable and I need to reboot (via alt-sysrq-r, ctrl-alt-del). The problem could be specific to radeon drivers. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65802

Comment

Working...
        X