Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Phoronix drinking game*:
    If all of the posts on the last page of the thread have very little (or no) relevance to the original topic, take a shot.

*DISCLAIMER: phoronix.com is not responsible for your alcohol poisoning
    It's a bit unfair if the last page has a single post in it

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      So you ever heard about Windows RT? Do you think there is no driver development for that?
      They just do the same market share bullshit with windows RT. The market share of windows RT is low because of this the investment is low to.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        If you had read this entire thread then you would know that I couldn't disagree with you more. I think I'm at max level already.
        So you disagree that I have daily (sometimes even hourly) kernel crashes when using the FOSS drivers? You disagree with the bug reports on freedesktop?
        In other words: You disagree with reality? Well, then keep on trolling...

Comment

• Originally posted by TAXI View Post
          So you disagree that I have daily (sometimes even hourly) kernel crashes when using the FOSS drivers? You disagree with the bug reports on freedesktop?
          And he has daily, sometimes hourly crashes with the proprietary drivers. Meanwhile I and the vast majority of other people have perfect stability using both. Hence it must be something specific to your hardware/setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Meanwhile I and the vast majority of other people have perfect stability using both. Hence it must be something specific to your hardware/setup.
            True. I'm not arguing against that, I'm just telling that both camps aren't perfect (hell, it's software made by humans after all) and not "catalyst == crap, FOSS == great" like duby229 tries to tell us.

Comment

• Yes, but the opposite is not true as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Yes, but the opposite is not true as well.
                I didn't say that, I just told they are slower fixing major bugs. Some bugs I experienced where even on both drivers (so I guess hardware bugs) - They are fixed in catalyst while still hanging in the FOSS driver now. Maybe both teams should cooperate some more, workarounds for hardware bugs should be given to the other team ASAP. Fun fact: From my experience the FOSS team is faster fixing minor bugs.

I'm not against the FOSS driver at all, when I used another card in the past I used it, too, cause it worked for everything I needed and I'm also frequently checking my bug reports and even install the FOSS driver from time to time to see if things changed.

Comment

You reality doesn't necessary have to be reality of everyone. What is the bug affecting you and why do you keep using FOSS driver if it crashes for you hourly; I doubt you are some kind of a masochist,..
                  Please post just bug numbers affecting your 6950 and under what cases, no need for rants.

Comment

First of all I'm not trolling, the truth is what the truth is whether you like it or not. It's static. It's binary. It is or it isnt. You can't make your imaginings true whether you want to or not. The page that you linked to contains a hell of a lot of poorly written reports that ultimately have nothing to do with the driver. I know I took a lot of time looking through many of them. A lot of them are legitimate bugs of course. The OSS driver still has a long way to go...

But here is where you go wrong.... You make the claim that -because- the catalyst driver works for you the radeon driver doesnt. That's assinine.

Comment

• Originally posted by brosis View Post
                      You reality doesn't necessary have to be reality of everyone.
                      Wait, when I do that I'm wrong but when duby229 states his "facts" it's okay? Did you ever think about the possibility that I might do that to hold a mirror into his face?
                      What is the bug affecting you and why do you keep using FOSS driver if it crashes for you hourly; I doubt you are some kind of a masochist,..
                      I'm not using it. I used it with another card in the past.
                      Please post just bug numbers affecting your 6950 and under what cases, no need for rants.
                      Why do you need them? Anyway, I'm affected by this, for example: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58667
                      But again: Ranting wasn't what I wanted to do. Just holding duby229 a mirror into his face...
                      Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      First of all I'm not trolling, the truth is what the truth is whether you like it or not. It's static. It's binary. It is or it isnt. You can't make your imaginings true whether you want to or not.
                      So the bug reports are imaginary and only what you tell is the truth?
                      A lot of them are legitimate bugs of course.
                      So now we have legitimate imaginary bugs?
                      But here is where you go wrong.... You make the claim that -because- the catalyst driver works for you the radeon driver doesnt. That's assinine.
                      Where did I do that? I used the FOSS driver in the past, experienced the bugs, tried to get them fixed and cause that failed switched to catalyst. Now you're also changing my words. No need to talk to you any future, welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                      X