Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward To The Linux 3.11 Kernel

Phoronix: Looking Forward To The Linux 3.11 Kernel

While the Linux 3.10 kernel hasn't even been released yet and won't be out for a couple weeks -- and it boasts a great number of new features and functionality -- the Linux 3.11 kernel will be even better. Here's what we know so far...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nouveau re-clocking support

Still no Nouveau re-clocking support

Comment

btrfs is doing everything that should had been done long ago. I have it in my 4 hdd raid 0 and never had a problem. There's been 3 or 4 blackouts in the last year and not a single file lost. Although even with lz compression it still seem a bit slow, cant get past 250MB/s (600 MB/s with ext3) reading and synaptic takes a lot (relatively speaking, about 7 sec) to load the db which with ext3 it was almost instant.
      Next time i reinstall the os (probably mint with mate or LMDE) i'll most surely switch to raid 5.
      with btrfs + raid 5, and i dont think that i'll ever have to worry about losing anything ever again in my life. Although i wish the was some gui util or something to set mdadm raids easier, setting everything manually is not hard but it's always the same and it's nothing a 1 bottom + 5 radio boxes app couldnt fix :|

Comment

Originally posted by ashkbajw View Post
        with btrfs + raid 5, and i dont think that i'll ever have to worry about losing anything ever again in my life
        Until data gets deleted by bugs, software, or user mistake.
        Or until the power supply blows and instantly kills all your disks simultaneously.
        Or until your computer gets stolen or house burns down.
        Or until lightning strikes the electrical grid and toasts your computer.

You need remote off-site data backup.

Comment

Working...
        X