Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Working On Mir's Performance, Mir On Mir

Phoronix: Canonical Working On Mir's Performance, Mir On Mir

This past week Canonical developers made a little more progress on their Mir Display Server stack and the next-generation Unity desktop interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So when will the first version of Unity 8 and Mir will land in Saucy? Anytime soon?
    I can't wait to test it!

Comment

Originally posted by sacridex View Post
      So when will the first version of Unity 8 and Mir will land in Saucy? Anytime soon?
      I can't wait to test it!
      This seems rather unlikely, I'd bet on 14.04 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by sacridex View Post
        I can't wait to test it!
        It will be available as an experimental choice in Ubuntu 13.10
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
          This seems rather unlikely, I'd bet on 14.04 at best.
          It will definitly land in 13.10.

Comment

The mobile Unity 8 shell with Mir will be avaible for the desktop as an option for Ubuntu 13.10.

The Unity 8 desktop shell is coming with 14.04.

Comment

I like that many of the new features I read about are the ability to test and analyze MIR while they are still developing it. One thing Canonical is doing right is doing thier due diligence to make sure MIR and Unity8 are well tested during thier development and not just tested after development. Get the bugs out now while they are easy to see and not coded around.

Comment

But they only made a *little* more progress

It's not hard to see that Michael really really doesn't like Mir.

Hey Michael, how about at least trying to be objective when you talk about canonical and Mir in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
                  It's not hard to see that Michael really really doesn't like Mir.

Hey Michael, how about at least trying to be objective when you talk about canonical and Mir in particular?
                  What's there to like? It's a stupid project born of pure idiocy.

Comment

Objectivity....

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                    What's there to like? It's a stupid project born of pure idiocy.
                    And that's your personal opinion... who knows what will happen with it in the future. I personally think it's a waste of time and resources, however, if you are reporting on something to the general public what is appropriate is to try to be objective; unless you specifically state that it's your opinion. That's also known as 'professionalism.'

Comment

Working...
                    X