Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Features Of The Linux 3.10 Kernel

Phoronix: The Best Features Of The Linux 3.10 Kernel

The Linux 3.10 kernel is slowly getting ready for release in the coming weeks. If you haven't been closely following Phoronix in the past few months of Linux 3.10 feature development, here's a brief overview of some of the best and most interesting features to be found in the next version of the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm really looking forward to BCache benchmarks.

I'm also curious how things are handled when an SSD dies. Does anyone know? BCache could be really useful in servers that are constantly hammered with reads/writes, but I imagine the SSDs will wear out after a few years of constant use.

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
      I'm really looking forward to BCache benchmarks.

I'm also curious how things are handled when an SSD dies. Does anyone know? BCache could be really useful in servers that are constantly hammered with reads/writes, but I imagine the SSDs will wear out after a few years of constant use.
      With BCache, the backing devices will see less ops, but that doesn't mean that the caching SSD will see more ops than it would have without BCache. BCache won't cause anything to wear out faster than it would have otherwise. As for SSD suitability for usage cases with frequent I/O ops, that's a different topic I think.

Comment

Does anyone know when 3.10 comes to Fedora?

Comment

Working...
        X