Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current State, Preview Of The Ubuntu Phone

Phoronix: The Current State, Preview Of The Ubuntu Phone

For those that haven't yet tried out the Ubuntu Phone first hand by loading it onto one of the supported devices, here's a video of the latest Ubuntu Phone version on the Galaxy Nexus smart-phone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome

I don't really like Ubuntu, but this is an instant get

Comment

This actually looks really good, I wonder how the performance is compared to android(? as far as I know it's a completely new OS for the phone and drops dalvik? haven't been paying attention)

Comment

not bad

really not bad. Mir is the display server already?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
          really not bad. Mir is the display server already?
          Yes. (based on that I saw the phone version running on mir in a video over a month ago, i didn't check)

Comment

I like where they're going with the design. I can already see how there's multiple ways to do the same thing (which is something that I always appreciate in an interface). Also, it seems like the design is putting multi-tasking at the forefront, and yet screen space is not being wasted to accomplish this.

Comment

Seems over-engineered / too complicated for a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                I don't know. It might be the sort of thing a poweruser would like? Na they'd just get one of these xD http://pwnieexpress.com/products/pwnphone

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

You'll have to enlighten us how you came to that conclusion. Becuase I see words, but I don't think they can be used in this sitution without some 3-5 supporting arguements with evidence.

Comment

Nothing but an ugly orange skin on top of Android.

Comment

Working...
                    X