Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 Performance On Ubuntu Linux

Default Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 Performance On Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 Performance On Ubuntu Linux

After delivering the Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell benchmarks on Ubuntu Linux this week already, which focused mostly on the processor performance, in this article are the first benchmarks of the Haswell OpenGL Linux performance. Testing was of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics core found on the i7-4770K, which under Linux is supported by Intel's open-source driver.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=18757

Why does the A10-5800K performs so poorly?

I checked some directx benchmarks on internet and saw that it should perform better than the hd4000 and the hd4600.

EDIT:

I found why: the benchmark here is done with the open source driver.

I think adding a line for the A10 and the catalyst driver would have been appropriate.

Shouldn't Haswell be faster than is being demonstrated here? Were the performance improvements exaggerated by Intel or is the driver not quite ready yet?

There are different graphic models. The benchmarks here feature the hd 4600, which is the slowest haswell model.
    Last edited by mannerov; 06-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mannerov View Post

I checked some directx benchmarks on internet and saw that it should perform better than the hd4000 and the hd4600.

EDIT:

I think adding a line for the A10 and the catalyst driver would have been appropriate.
    This last-gen AMD APU should perform faster when using the latest improvements as the hand-tuned shaders...
    But I think a fair comparison should include the proprietary driver.

Michael, pls add to phoronix min and max FPS, because showing avarage FPS is so noobish form of test. Why this simple feature couldn't be added since 2008?!
    I was stoping using phoronix to testing games because of lack of this.

There are different graphic models. The benchmarks here feature the hd 4600, which is the slowest haswell model.
    The are still the HD4200 and HD4400 models that are slower, but the Iris Pro 5x00 are faster.

EDIT:

Take a look at the driver. It's insulting that anyone would use it and then do a comparison against the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    Take a look at the driver. It's insulting that anyone would use it and then do a comparison against the competition.
    It's a bit of an unfair comparison given that power management was likely forced to the lowest frequency and the R600-sb backend was not used. It only shows the default performance, not what it can do under ideal conditions (which is superior to Catalyst in most cases in my experience).
    Last edited by AnonymousCoward; 06-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    I don't understand your point. I don't think it's insulting wanting to have an other line showing performance with the catalyst driver, since it will give a not unbiaised comparison (in all other benchmarks, A10 performs better than hd 4000).

Before seeing it was not the catalyst driver, I thought there was an issue somewhere.