Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Works On Intermediate Pixel Storage

Phoronix: Intel Works On Intermediate Pixel Storage

A new feature being worked on for the Intel DRM Linux kernel graphics driver is IPS. Short for Intermediate Pixel Storage, this feature should allow modern Intel HD graphics cores to let the CPU enter deeper PC states to increase power-savings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like it'll never work for me. My Xorg.0.log shows that my display is on a LVDS port and the video format is 4:4:4--assuming I'm reading the right bits. The framebuffer is 8:8:8 if that's any consolation.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
      Looks like it'll never work for me. My Xorg.0.log shows that my display is on a LVDS port and the video format is 4:4:4--assuming I'm reading the right bits. The framebuffer is 8:8:8 if that's any consolation.
      You would notice if your video format is 4:4:4, that's 48 colors or in layman terms stone-age.

Comment

Looks like there's some overloaded operators going on here. Chroma sampling and pixel storage formats use similar names leaving me wondering what the Intel developer really meant.

Comment

Working...
        X