AMD Catalyst 13.6 Linux Graphics Driver Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    Sounds like a typical vsync problem, have you made sure it's disabled in-game and in CCC? (also did you delete /etc/ati/amdpcsdb with Xorg shut down before upgrading?)

No such issue here, although FPS tank in WINE with vsync on.

(I've also noticed that I can't click on buttons in TF2's menu, actually I can only navigate with the arrow keys, but then again a quick googling points towards a TF2/old code bug.)
    No it is not. Always before the installation new one I uninstalled older one by sudo dpkg -P ... so there is no chance to have the configuration files associated with this packages in /etc. This is not a matter of vsync ... how could I have vsync enabled and such that showed me Xonotic 270 FPS [60 Hz monitor refresh] ... maximum standard on E-350 it was 120 [all effects except AA turned on to maximum and I've got full liquidity - here is 'my kernel' - line Brazos - specially optimized for the newer AMD - config level and already in the process of compilation]. By the way, builds four lines of kernels: K8, atom, i7 and Brazos - look in goggles: ext73, NeteXt'73 and my youtube channel: ext73.
    Last edited by ext73; 30 May 2013, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
      how could I have vsync enabled and such that showed me Xonotic 270 FPS [60 Hz monitor refresh]
      How could I know that from the info you provided in your previous pst?
      Has the bug been reported yet? I did a seearch for "mouse", "input" and "delay" on the Bugzilla and nothing turned up.

Comment

Anyone had any luck with compiling against kernel 3.10?

Patches for 3.9 & 3.10 are not enough as compile fails with an error

any hints?

Comment

This is a truly great release for me!

An annoying bug I filed has been finally fixed*.

Thank you!

[*] There is a slight chance the bug has simply gone with XServer 1.14,
          but I don't think so as the issue was not present with XServer 1.13 with intel IGPs.
          So I can't tell for sure if it has been actively fixed.
          Anyhow, great to see it's gone.

Comment

Sleep Broken

Just updated to the beta drivers (w/ Xorg 1.14 finally) in Arch Linux (using the catalyst-test package), and sleep is now totally broken for me in KDE. Basically, if I close my laptop lid, it goes into sleep mode, but when I open it again, I just get a blank back lit screen. Didn't happen with any of the previous drivers...

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
              Anyone had any luck with compiling against kernel 3.10?

Patches for 3.9 & 3.10 are not enough as compile fails with an error

any hints?
              ATM on Arch we are using the patch for kernel 3.10 made by kolasa: https://github.com/kolasa

Due to changes in kernel 3.10 (like removed create_proc_entry) this patch is only a workaround that will let You to build fglrx module successfully (proper procfs handling should be provided by AMD).

Here's the link to the original patch for catalyst 13.4: http://catalyst.wirephire.com/files/...lrx_3.10.patch

If you need a patch for catalyst 13.6 then here's my trivially modified version: http://catalyst.wirephire.com/files/...nux_3.10.patch

Comment

Originally posted by Vi0L0 View Post
                If you need a patch for catalyst 13.6 then here's my trivially modified version: http://catalyst.wirephire.com/files/...nux_3.10.patch
                Working great here too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
                  How could I know that from the info you provided in your previous pst?
                  Has the bug been reported yet? I did a seearch for "mouse", "input" and "delay" on the Bugzilla and nothing turned up.
                  I have not reported this bug yet, but you can see I'll have to do it :P

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
                    Only it is not a matter of the compositor ... I use KDE, and here both in 3d for fullscreen windows and not ... is the same ... at 13.3 beta3 is ideally ... with the beta2 13.3, 13.4 and 13.6 beta are such problems.
                    I had this problem on debian but not slackware. On debian I fixed it by editing the /etc/default/grub file so the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line looked like this...

Code:
                    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet vga=792 radeon.modeset=0 nomodeset"
                    "nomodeset radeon.modeset=0 vga=792" was added by me.

Then run "sudo update-grub" and reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by shazeal View Post
                      I had this problem on debian but not slackware. On debian I fixed it by editing the /etc/default/grub file so the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line looked like this...

Code:
                      GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet vga=792 radeon.modeset=0 nomodeset"
                      "nomodeset radeon.modeset=0 vga=792" was added by me.

Then run "sudo update-grub" and reboot.
                      Unfortunately this does not work - at least in my case. This is obviously a mistake OpenGL driver - who appeared in the driver version 13.3 beta 2 - and then fixed in 13.3 beat3 and again has been "intensified" in 13.4 and 13.6 beta

Comment

Working...
                      X