Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 4.1 Beta Arrives With New Features

Phoronix: LibreOffice 4.1 Beta Arrives With New Features

The first beta of the LibreOffice 4.1 open-source office suite was released this past weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Templates

Does the LibreOffice Impress templates still look like something from 1992?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      No. All the templates are from April 14 1996

Comment

Well, a thriving templates scene would certainly be worth a lot to many people.

There aren't too many areas where the user community could really get engaged and help themselves and each other.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
          Well, I guess that is what I meant then.
          From 1996, that is terrible!

LibreOffice Impress templates look like shit!

We are in desperate need of some modern high-quality templates!

Comment

So, contribute. What's stopping you? Make some templates, man!

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
              Aahahaa

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Who actually uses slide shows?

The feature that this release is missing, is ANDROID. Still in the works, but won't be done on time.

That is, IMO, the most important thing of all. If they get that done, and FAST, it will cement both LibreOffice **AND** Android into absolute MUST HAVE status.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                  Who actually uses slide shows?

The feature that this release is missing, is ANDROID. Still in the works, but won't be done on time.
                  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/...ice_on_Android
                  I do, all the time.

Eh, on portable platforms we already have Calligra.

Comment

I'm still disappointed LibreOffice 4.0 didn't come with an overhauled and more modern interface. It looks like an UI from 2000.

Rumors say they might launch an Android version this year, or sometime next year. I really hope they at least won't disappoint there, and take full advantage of Google's Holo/card UI for tablets and phones. At least on PC's they might've had an excuse that being open source they didn't have good designers, but on Android they have no excuse. All they need to do is use Google's UI resources, and build their UI with those.

If I were them, I'd wait until the launch of Android 5.0, tough, as I think that will come with a pretty overhauled UI, too, and might be better to fully optimize LibreOffice after that, and also be compatible with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X