Question regarding openbenchmarking.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding openbenchmarking.org

I've personally been wondering the whole time - how is severely feature-reduced result browsing functionality is compensated or worked around?

Straight example - I need to find all results with radeon card>HD2xxx,<HD6990, where kernel is linux, non-virtualised and on kernel version>3.9, and test is Xonotic profile high.

Originally posted by brosis View Post
    I've personally been wondering the whole time - how is severely feature-reduced result browsing functionality is compensated or worked around?

Straight example - I need to find all results with radeon card>HD2xxx,<HD6990, where kernel is linux, non-virtualised and on kernel version>3.9, and test is Xonotic profile high.
    Right now, unfortunately, it's not too easy. It's very easily possible and all the information is there to make it happen but the public version of OpenBenchmarking.org is basically handicapped right now in that 1.) with already having many Gigabytes of database meta-data (not counting system logs and actual results) it's already rather intensive for its lone server it's running on at the moment for conducting advanced search queries. [there's other features currently disabled for the public version in order to not strain the server too much.] 2.) User-interface design and natural language search aren't my areas of expertise so I don't have some compelling design at the top of my head for making the search interface more intuitive and elegant. However, feedback is welcome and appreciated.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for clearing up... So suggestion, why not implement a search dialog with all this fields - its a matter of database lookup. And on the other side - I understand that its yours database and you are paying for hosting it, so suggestion for that part:
      - advanced search(above) only available after registration (which was sadly broken few days back when I tested it), harvest IPs pro account all the way.
      - limit search for database per 1-2 searchs pro minute using accout to validate. Punish account IPs on violation, slightly.
      - do some query precaching (its not like there are 1000 radeon models or 1000 oses)
      - load balance the query, so it runs with low priority
      - remove or ease up limitations for paid account(10$ a year or something similar to compensate the running/upgrade costs)

Sadly, its not my area of expertise :/

Comment

Working...
      X