Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Intel 2.21.8 Driver Takes Care Of COW Regressions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,387

    Default Intel 2.21.8 Driver Takes Care Of COW Regressions

    Phoronix: Intel 2.21.8 Driver Takes Care Of COW Regressions

    Just one week after the Intel X.Org driver was updated with support for all known Haswell variants and introducing some new copy-on-write support for cloning pixmaps, a new release has been warranted...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM3OTU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Kudos to Intel for their continuous support of the Open Source community. I wish AMD, nVidia and all the mobile vendors behaved the same.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amehaye View Post
    Kudos to Intel for their continuous support of the Open Source community. I wish AMD, nVidia and all the mobile vendors behaved the same.
    They sure do, try changing your CPU's ratio and base clock.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Those changes and many of the changes in previous releases affect only SNA, which is not the default acceleration method. So this is a non-release for most people I think.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    290

    Default Intel SNA is default enabled in ubuntu 13.04

    Quote Originally Posted by stqn View Post
    Those changes and many of the changes in previous releases affect only SNA, which is not the default acceleration method. So this is a non-release for most people I think.
    Just checked, but Intel SNA is default enabled in my ubuntu 13.04 installation. Don't know about other distro's.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmpdir View Post
    Just checked, but Intel SNA is default enabled in my ubuntu 13.04 installation. Don't know about other distro's.
    Ah… Well, I built the xf86-video-intel package under Arch Linux and the ./configure wrote something like “Checking which acceleration method to use by default… uxa.”
    This is without passing it any option as far as I could see.

    Also:
    Code:
    $ grep -Ei "sna|uxa" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [     6.709] (II) UXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    54

    Default

    The SNA XVideo tearing bug (#65048) introduced in 2.21.8 is already fixed in git.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stqn View Post
    Ah… Well, I built the xf86-video-intel package under Arch Linux and the ./configure wrote something like “Checking which acceleration method to use by default… uxa.”
    This is without passing it any option as far as I could see.

    Also:
    Code:
    $ grep -Ei "sna|uxa" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [     6.709] (II) UXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:

    Ubuntu enabled it by default but upstream still has UXA as the default. Arch follows upstream.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    delete please

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •