Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeagleBone Port Of CoreBoot Going Mainline

Phoronix: BeagleBone Port Of CoreBoot Going Mainline

Coreboot support for the popular BeagleBone ARM development board is being pushed mainline...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would be nice

Would be nice to see more system-on-chip (SoC) and single-board computers (SBC) have coreboot support.
    Also for coreboot to be more used on smartphones, tablets and other embedded devices.

Would be really nice to see some ARMv8 64-bit SoC and SBC too.

Comment

This is great. I just got my BeagleBone Black the other day. Haven't fired it up, but the Cortex-A8 should be a nice performance boost vs. my Raspberry Pi.

Michael, when you do the BeagleBone Black benchmarks, it would be very interesting to compare against the Raspbery Pi and Atom processors.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Would be nice to see more system-on-chip (SoC) and single-board computers (SBC) have coreboot support.
        Also for coreboot to be more used on smartphones, tablets and other embedded devices.

Would be really nice to see some ARMv8 64-bit SoC and SBC too.
        Would be nice to see more support for regular desktop boards as well...

Comment

Working...
        X