No announcement yet.

Football Manager 14 is coming to Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 14 is coming to Linux!

Hmm. So that happened earlier than I expected.

I am delighted to announce that #FM13 has just become the best selling game in the Football Manager series. Thank you so much for all your support!

So as promised, a snippet of #FM14 info. Before that though, please respect some rules

1)We won't be talking about features until much later in the year.
    2) No release date is set. Not even a rough or estimated one.
    3) Feature suggestions/requests should be posted at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914

So the promised snippet of #FM14 news. As well as being on Mac & Windows, it will also be on Linux. With crossplay. One price for all 3 - so if you have a Macbook, Windows laptop and Linux desktop (for example) you'll be able to play the game on each of those machines via Steam.

For the more technically minded, the flavour of Linux we'll be supporting it Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS)
    (Source)

I believe this is a first for Sega? But hopefully not the last Linux effort we will see from them!

Not the first from Sega, they are publishers of a few others that are now on Linux too

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
      Not the first from Sega, they are publishers of a few others that are now on Linux too

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com
      Ohh, I only know about The Cave, what others are there?

It is the first one they have developed internally though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
        Ohh, I only know about The Cave, what others are there?

It is the first one they have developed internally though, right?
        You are right it's the first Sega owned company (so yes, Sega!) to actually do a game for Linux

Comment

I wonder is this a sequel in a row to Championship Manager 1993 (or some other year) released on Commodore Amiga. If so, then this game certainly is a very big milestone for me and something I will for sure buy. Can't wait to be a manager of Arsenal and start from the very bottom

Comment

Working...
          X