Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Alpha

Phoronix: Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Alpha

Canonical will not be officially supporting KDE 4 until Kubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" but for Kubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" will be a KDE 3.5 spin and then a community-supported Kubuntu 8.04 version based upon KDE 4.0 (though a few KDE 3 applications are still bundled). Arriving today, albeit a week after the Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 5 release, is the first KDE 4.0.1 Hardy Heron build.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does it have a wireless configuration tool, this time?

it was a huge thriving mess of bugs, but the knetworkapplet was at least a place to start - if you had a non hidden, non wpa, non-anithing-strange access point

Comment

Networkmanager usually works with WPA but has problems with WEP because it relies on wpa_supplicant. Don't know what you are referring too, as this is only a small icon...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Don't know what you are referring too, as this is only a small icon...
        hey, you know, there is no need for sarcasm. it's about all the software stack, for which that icon is the front-end. I know wpa_supplicant is here, and I usually have multiple confs for every site I need a wpa configuration, the problem for a user point of view (I know a bit about cs, but I'm ALSO a user) is that the icon was here, and that I could join a wep network. Now the icon is not here, the kde control center has not the networking component, and nowhere in the menu the configuration manager could be found - that is, not until the last alpha

Comment

Working...
        X