Thread: Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Alpha

Default Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Alpha

Phoronix: Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 Alpha

Canonical will not be officially supporting KDE 4 until Kubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" but for Kubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" will be a KDE 3.5 spin and then a community-supported Kubuntu 8.04 version based upon KDE 4.0 (though a few KDE 3 applications are still bundled). Arriving today, albeit a week after the Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 5 release, is the first KDE 4.0.1 Hardy Heron build.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11916

does it have a wireless configuration tool, this time?

it was a huge thriving mess of bugs, but the knetworkapplet was at least a place to start - if you had a non hidden, non wpa, non-anithing-strange access point

Networkmanager usually works with WPA but has problems with WEP because it relies on wpa_supplicant. Don't know what you are referring too, as this is only a small icon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Don't know what you are referring too, as this is only a small icon...
    hey, you know, there is no need for sarcasm. it's about all the software stack, for which that icon is the front-end. I know wpa_supplicant is here, and I usually have multiple confs for every site I need a wpa configuration, the problem for a user point of view (I know a bit about cs, but I'm ALSO a user) is that the icon was here, and that I could join a wep network. Now the icon is not here, the kde control center has not the networking component, and nowhere in the menu the configuration manager could be found - that is, not until the last alpha