Logitech Begins Supporting Linux Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this been mentioned before? Anyway have a look at:

My logitech cordless mouse always worked fine, also my webcam but I miss features alike zoom, change resolution etc. Hence I'm still waiting for a logitech
    driver alike on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Logitech Begins Supporting Linux Users
      Well. Better late than never, huh? I remember the times when I called their local hotline asking about iirc. a presenter or something... sometimes people would hang up instantly as soon as the L-Word was spoken. Others were clueless but tried to be friendly and even others just guessed "it might work".
      Still I JUST bought a Roccat Kone + last week for a box I was building for mom's birthday. Nice mouse. Okay, there is nothing about fair trade mouses here (there is none besides Nager IT) but well, you can't have everything. And it's totally overkill for mom but I knew they had Linux support and the design is made iirc in Hamburg (.de) so I wanted to support that. And it feels nice under the hand, not too small.
      Anyway, Logitech has a big market share and the HW is normally of good quality (used that brand from the early DOS times) so it's good if they become aware of Linux even though they should have done this much earlier, especially when you see how MS badly f*cked them earlier in the business.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
        Total bull. I've been playing World of Warcraft with one of my most important abilities bound to the middle mouse button using a G500 for what... 4 years now? Not only has it not broken on me, but I find it extremely easy to activate the button.

On the other hand, I tried out a Razer Naga for a few months during the middle of 2011 and that shit broke on me literally instantly. If you wanna talk about cheap china plastic crap talk about Razer.
        WoW? Zone benchmark for Mouse precision...

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
          Correction?:
          /some

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            I haven't had a single Logitech mouse or keyboard die on me.
            Whereas I have had two G7s die on me with the same problem, both within a year. My G5 is fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Doesn't change the fact that they still sell overpriced hardware that doesn't last.
              lol. That guy. Hilarious.

For those who don't know the G500's scroll wheel button needs a damn kilogram of force to actuate
              ?? I've a G500, too and I've nothing bound on the mouse-wheel button because it triggers too easily. Most times when I only scroll through my inventory, it triggers by accident most of the time.
              Last edited by Detructor; 20 May 2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                Reminds me of the infamous Creative Labs open-source web page.

Shop online at creative.com for wireless speakers and computer soundbars, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over $35.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
                  I thought we were speaking about actuation of the middle mouse button and not mouse precision?

I'm going to make a guess that you've never played it competitively. World of Warcraft PvP does require mouse precision for a multitude of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
                    I thought we were speaking about actuation of the middle mouse button and not mouse precision?

I'm going to make a guess that you've never played it competitively. World of Warcraft PvP does require mouse precision for a multitude of reasons.
                    MMB is a part of a mouse, isn't it? I'm done with you. I warned others about the G500 and possibly other Logitech mices with the same mechanism. Check it in the store yourself. If it's 'fine' for you, then I highly recommend career as a black smith...

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                      Has this been mentioned before? Anyway have a look at:

... also my webcam but I miss features alike zoom, change resolution etc. Hence I'm still waiting for a logitech
                      driver alike on Windows.
                      $ guvcview -o

You can make a .desktop file too.

Comment

Working...
                      X