Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRM Graphics Driver Comes For Dove/Cubox

Phoronix: DRM Graphics Driver Comes For Dove/Cubox

The SolidRun CuBox is advertised as the "world's smallest desktop computer" with a size of just two-inches cubed (5cm). The CuBox is powered by an ARM PJ4 800MHz SoC and now it has available an open-source DRM Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Russel wasn't the only one

Russel already saw it.

Hopefully they'll merge.

Comment

Does anyone even use a CuBox? What's the point of it when you can buy the way more powerful ODROID-U2 for potentially the same price (inc. accessories) and same dimensions?

Comment

Originally posted by [deXter] View Post
        Does anyone even use a CuBox? What's the point of it when you can buy the way more powerful ODROID-U2 for potentially the same price (inc. accessories) and same dimensions?
        I do; I have an ODROID-U2 as well. But setting up properly working graphics with the ODROID-U2 is not a simple task either.

Comment

I use one and am contemplating buying extra.

1. Solid-Run was first
          2. The ODRIOD-U2 can't be accepted into the living room.
          3. No SATA connection
          4. XBMC is support is not ready yet
          5. Not a word on HDMI CEC

Somebody actually 3d printed a case and added a Ethernet passtrough to get it on the right place.
          Case for ODROID-U2 dissipator. Update 03/03/2013: Improved the weak part that tends to break exposed micro sdcard slot added version with ethernet in the back micro sd extension key

But then again the TOSLINK connector on the side of the CuBox is a mistake as well.

So.

When XBMC support comes along and a living room acceptable case is delivered, the CuBox is becomes the latter choice.

Comment

I use my CuBox.
            <insert plonk here>

Comment

Pics, or it didn't happen. People really need to market their graphics work with some spicy videos. I want a relevant example of what this achieves.

Comment

Working...
              X