Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS File-System Shows Regressions On Linux 3.10

Phoronix: F2FS File-System Shows Regressions On Linux 3.10

With the merge window on the feature-rich Linux 3.10 kernel having been closed, the usual roundabout of Phoronix benchmarking of the Linux kernel has commenced. In our initial testing of the F2FS file-system on Linux 3.10, however, yields negative performance changes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For me, the kernel also panic's after about 2 hours within ipt_packet_log. On two machines.

Hope next releases will be smaller and less intrusive :/

Comment

Broken kms

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
      For me, the kernel also panic's after about 2 hours within ipt_packet_log. On two machines.

Hope next releases will be smaller and less intrusive :/
      I also ditched the Kernel after finding out that Intel-KMS is broken in EFI-Booting.
      After all, using the latest rc from 3.8 proves to be the safest way to go.

It may be fixed by now, but I currently am not able to check it out, as I'm rebuilding my system.
      Last edited by frign; 14 May 2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

sometimes new releases are slower because they fix bugs/flaws to make the code less likely to screw up your data in a race condition, so it's not necessarily a bad thing that things are slower.

Comment

Working...
        X