Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Contributors To The Intel Linux DRM Driver

Phoronix: Top Contributors To The Intel Linux DRM Driver

Curious about the top contributors to the open-source Intel Linux kernel driver, Ben Widawsky of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center did some analysis...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lines of code are a ridiculous measure of productivity. A good programmer might implement something in 1/10 the lines a bad programmer would use. Any programmer knows that real productivity is hard to measure.

Comment

Originally posted by amehaye View Post
      Lines of code are a ridiculous measure of productivity. A good programmer might implement something in 1/10 the lines a bad programmer would use. Any programmer knows that real productivity is hard to measure.
      ^ this. But then again its Intel. What did you expect?

Comment

But these LoC get reviewed and it is to assume these are all reasonably good programmers. So it's fair to assume, the overal codebase is about the same in quality and thus the amount of commited lines do give a great sense of productivity.

Comment

If you would have read the blog post you would know, that he was just curious.

Comment

When I write code, I usually only care if it works. Then someone takes a look and sees that my 5 lines of code can be reduced to a single line. Which is nice and all, but if I had the time to look at it twice then I would have seen that it can be reduced.

Code is code, no matter how many lines you put down.

Comment

Working...
            X