Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash BIOS - GA-P35-DS3R?

Hi all,

This is touched on in other threads, but I've just ordered a new GA-P35-DS3R, will I need to flash this with the latest BIOS straight away? Or will it work ok with out doing this? I'm pretty sure I've got a rev 2.0 board on the way, tho I can't confirm till tomorrow.

TIA,

Matt

I usually always flash the latest bios when I get a new board. This one is very easy to flash via a (partitioned) usb stick with fat. You just need to extract the image using unrar x file.exe first and put it there. The flasher itself is in the bios.

Comment

And to get the latest file I do recommend to go to http://jzelectronic.de/, there they seem to often list more recent version than you can find on the gigabyte website. The gigabyte website seems to sometimes only list bios updates on some special languagespecific sites or something like this. In the list of news, just do click on "Neue BIOSe von Gigabyte" to get to the list of bios files. Sometimes they do also list beta bios versions. But be carefull to check the translations of some of the german changelog entrys first, eg something like
      Code:
      BIOS fehlerhaft in Speicherbereichen...
      Bitte bei den Vorg?ngerversionen bleiben !!!
      should be respected, in short it does mean to better not use this version since some memory areas are broken.

Comment

I've ended up with a rev 2.1 board which has a F10 BIOS on it, so I can't really see the point in going to the F11. I'll post up how I get on once I've built the machine however.

Comment

Working...
        X