Thread: Top Contributors To The Intel Linux DRM Driver

Default Top Contributors To The Intel Linux DRM Driver

Phoronix: Top Contributors To The Intel Linux DRM Driver

Curious about the top contributors to the open-source Intel Linux kernel driver, Ben Widawsky of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center did some analysis...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM3MDc

Lines of code are a ridiculous measure of productivity. A good programmer might implement something in 1/10 the lines a bad programmer would use. Any programmer knows that real productivity is hard to measure.

Quote Originally Posted by amehaye View Post
    Lines of code are a ridiculous measure of productivity. A good programmer might implement something in 1/10 the lines a bad programmer would use. Any programmer knows that real productivity is hard to measure.
    ^ this. But then again its Intel. What did you expect?

But these LoC get reviewed and it is to assume these are all reasonably good programmers. So it's fair to assume, the overal codebase is about the same in quality and thus the amount of commited lines do give a great sense of productivity.

If you would have read the blog post you would know, that he was just curious.

When I write code, I usually only care if it works. Then someone takes a look and sees that my 5 lines of code can be reduced to a single line. Which is nice and all, but if I had the time to look at it twice then I would have seen that it can be reduced.

Code is code, no matter how many lines you put down.