Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Radeon OpenGL Benchmarks From Linux 3.10

Phoronix: Early Radeon OpenGL Benchmarks From Linux 3.10

While the first release candidate of the Linux 3.10 kernel isn't even out yet, there's already been the DRM graphics pull, as a result here's some early open-source Radeon Linux graphics benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@Michael:
    The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Early Radeon OpenGL Benchmarks From Linux 3.10

While the first release candidate of the Linux 3.10 kernel isn't even out yet, there's already been the DRM graphics pull, as a result here's some early open-source Radeon Linux graphics benchmarks...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2Njg
      Michael 2 notes....

1) Any performance bump is probably just from bugfixes and the likes, rather than optimizations.

2) Whats the status of radeon hdmi audio? I know the registers were reverse engineered to match catalyst and that you did an article on the reverse engineering, but you never posted a followup saying whether it had been merged or denied.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Those are some serious performance gains. I may have to start trying out the open source drivers again.

Comment

Radeon HD 7000?

So what about benchmarking Radeon HD 7000 cards, which are what really needs the performance considering my 7950 runs like crap even with proprietary graphics drivers.

Comment

Working...
          X