Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 203 Is A Good Release, Brings New Features

Phoronix: Systemd 203 Is A Good Release, Brings New Features

Lennart Poettering has announced the release of systemd 203. With this latest release of the widely-used Linux init daemon replacement, Lennart calls this a "good release" for Linux distributions to use and should be the version targeted for Fedora 19...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Systemd is moving ahead full steam, upstart keeps crawling.

Comment

Is that cheap shot aimed for Ubuntu or just in general observation. Because upstart is just fine for what it does,same thing for sysv. I am surprised how little relevance do people give to init system and what it takes to replace it .It's not just some component that you dump and leave it it's a huge deal to replace one with another. It might be fine for Archlinux users who take full responsibility for their choice in choosing specific init system,that includes all bad and goods with it.

Comment

i dont want upstart on my ubuntu i want systemD

Comment

If poettering continues his pace on systemD he will soon throw away the Linux kernel and integrate it from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by kUrb1a View Post
            It might be fine for Archlinux users who take full responsibility for their choice in choosing specific init system,that includes all bad and goods with it.
            Actually, the Arch Linux devs chose systemd and it?s nearly impossible to use something else now. (Everything is possible but all official packages are made for systemd.)

I hope the systemd devs will stop breaking and changing things soon. Still haven?t found how to make it not hang at shutdown if I don?t manually unmount sshfs before.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
              Actually, the Arch Linux devs chose systemd and it?s nearly impossible to use something else now. (Everything is possible but all official packages are made for systemd.)

I hope the systemd devs will stop breaking and changing things soon. Still haven?t found how to make it not hang at shutdown if I don?t manually unmount sshfs before.
              Can't you create a unit or something that does this automatically before shutdown??

Comment

Sorry but this just isn't true. The "upgrade" to systemd rather broke many things. Please don't spread FUD.

Comment

Still haven?t found how to make it not hang at shutdown if I don?t manually unmount sshfs before.
                  Do you have it mounted as '_netdev' in your /etc/fstab? If not, your network interface might already be down before your system tries to unmount your sshfs mountpoint.

Comment

I remember about a year ago when Arch and Fedora were switching to systemd, everyone was complaining and saying what a crap project it is. Now suddenly everyone likes it. I think it's just a common case of ignorance where people wanted to hate it because 1 person loudly stated disapproval, but when they tried it for themselves they realized it wasn't bad at all. Obviously it has it's flaws and might've been adopted a little sooner than it should've, but so far the only thing I dislike about systemd is I still can't figure out how to restart alsa.

Comment

Working...
                    X