Thread: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

Default Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

Phoronix: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

Just days after landing some OpenGL performance tweaks, Intel's Eric Anholt has committed some more performance optimizations for the Intel i965 Mesa driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2NDc

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

Just days after landing some OpenGL performance tweaks, Intel's Eric Anholt has committed some more performance optimizations for the Intel i965 Mesa driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2NDc
    I'm not at all surprised by this. Intel is only months away from releasing their new Atom SOCs which will use Intel graphics and Intel drivers. One of the most important target for these Intel SOCs will be Android so optimizing for Android does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mcirsta View Post
    I'm not at all surprised by this. Intel is only months away from releasing their new Atom SOCs which will use Intel graphics and Intel drivers. One of the most important target for these Intel SOCs will be Android so optimizing for Android does make sense.
    .... android doesn't use mesa?

Quote Originally Posted by n3wu53r View Post
    .... android doesn't use mesa?
    I was talking about the test used to optimize the driver that's mentioned in the article. That's mostly a mobile IOS and Android test. As for Android using mesa it's more like mesa supports Android.
    As far as I know most proprietary drivers have their own things and don't use mesa but Intel will use mesa, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcirsta View Post
    I was talking about the test used to optimize the driver that's mentioned in the article. That's mostly a mobile IOS and Android test. As for Android using mesa it's more like mesa supports Android.
    As far as I know most proprietary drivers have their own things and don't use mesa but Intel will use mesa, I'm sure of it.
    Yeah, Intel isn't going to create a brand new proprietary driver just for android. They'll use Mesa for that, which already supports Android and ES 3.

49 Fraserburgh Rd, Lilburn Tower, Northumberland

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Yeah, Intel isn't going to create a brand new proprietary driver just for android. They'll use Mesa for that, which already supports Android and ES 3.
    Now Mesa 9.1.2 is also released after the bugs fixes. This will definitely of great help.

49 Fraserburgh Rd, Lilburn Tower, Northumberland

I am using it and Mesa 9.1.2 improves the OpenGL experience.
    business broadband packages