Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,906

    Default Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

    Phoronix: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

    Just days after landing some OpenGL performance tweaks, Intel's Eric Anholt has committed some more performance optimizations for the Intel i965 Mesa driver...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2NDc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Commits More Mesa Performance Optimizations

    Just days after landing some OpenGL performance tweaks, Intel's Eric Anholt has committed some more performance optimizations for the Intel i965 Mesa driver...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2NDc
    I'm not at all surprised by this. Intel is only months away from releasing their new Atom SOCs which will use Intel graphics and Intel drivers. One of the most important target for these Intel SOCs will be Android so optimizing for Android does make sense.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcirsta View Post
    I'm not at all surprised by this. Intel is only months away from releasing their new Atom SOCs which will use Intel graphics and Intel drivers. One of the most important target for these Intel SOCs will be Android so optimizing for Android does make sense.
    .... android doesn't use mesa?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n3wu53r View Post
    .... android doesn't use mesa?
    I was talking about the test used to optimize the driver that's mentioned in the article. That's mostly a mobile IOS and Android test. As for Android using mesa it's more like mesa supports Android.
    As far as I know most proprietary drivers have their own things and don't use mesa but Intel will use mesa, I'm sure of it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcirsta View Post
    I was talking about the test used to optimize the driver that's mentioned in the article. That's mostly a mobile IOS and Android test. As for Android using mesa it's more like mesa supports Android.
    As far as I know most proprietary drivers have their own things and don't use mesa but Intel will use mesa, I'm sure of it.
    Yeah, Intel isn't going to create a brand new proprietary driver just for android. They'll use Mesa for that, which already supports Android and ES 3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    49 Fraserburgh Rd, Lilburn Tower, Northumberland
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Yeah, Intel isn't going to create a brand new proprietary driver just for android. They'll use Mesa for that, which already supports Android and ES 3.
    Now Mesa 9.1.2 is also released after the bugs fixes. This will definitely of great help.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    49 Fraserburgh Rd, Lilburn Tower, Northumberland
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I am using it and Mesa 9.1.2 improves the OpenGL experience.
    business broadband packages

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •