Left 4 Dead 2 Beta Surfaces For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
    I bought this game when phoronix said it was coming to Linux... That was some wait but worth it.
    AMD 3Ghz 4 core, 8g ram
    AMD 7870 2gb all effects at max. 60 FPS (vsync) 1920 x 1080 ~150 without vsync.

Looks great and plays pretty well, it seems to stutter when loading (I guess random quarter second freezes) that goes away as you play.

Man I was waiting for this, thank you Valve.
    Some trick that works for me, when it starts I turn around, left right (mouse)

After 1 or 2 sec, the movement get fluent.

Its like you have to wake up the vid cars and or cpu.

I have noticed this on windows too,

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
      Some trick that works for me, when it starts I turn around, left right (mouse)

After 1 or 2 sec, the movement get fluent.

Its like you have to wake up the vid cars and or cpu.

I have noticed this on windows too,
      I edited the autoexec config to cl_forcepreload "1" and that really did the trick.

Comment

Just bought the game, (it's 5 dollars so ) which one do I install though? There's one that says L4D2 (Beta) and then L4D2 Beta, I'm installing the one with the paranthesis around the beta cuz it links to the store page for L4D2 and the other one does not. It's 7.6 Gb and I really doubt the game is actually 13Gb big. Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebril View Post
          Just bought the game, (it's 5 dollars so ) which one do I install though? There's one that says L4D2 (Beta) and then L4D2 Beta, I'm installing the one with the paranthesis around the beta cuz it links to the store page for L4D2 and the other one does not. It's 7.6 Gb and I really doubt the game is actually 13Gb big. Anyone know anything about this?
          Left 4 Dead 2 (Beta) = stable game, many players, all platforms
          Left 4 Dead 2 Beta = "unstable" branch, useless right now

Comment

Originally posted by Jebril View Post
            [..] I really doubt the game is actually 13Gb big. Anyone know anything about this?
            It's ~12.5GiB.

Comment

Working...
            X