Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 3.3 Planned As A Phoronix Birthday Present

Phoronix: LLVM 3.3 Planned As A Phoronix Birthday Present

The LLVM 3.3 release of the compiler infrastructure and adjoining Clang C/C++ compiler is planned for release on the day that Phoronix turns nine years old...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

llvmlinux

From some discussion on the llvmlinux mailing list, I read something like this:

Apparently, the LLVM-specific patches needed for LLVMlinux will be much smaller (or non-existent?) after the release of 3.3 and after that they can start working on upstreaming the kernel patches. Prior to this, they have not been able to do that since the kernel developers could not try the patches against a released compiler.

Comment

Phoronix Birthday +

...which is as well my birthday.

Greetings from Switzerland,
      Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by rgloor View Post
        ...which is as well my birthday.

Greetings from Switzerland,
        Rolf
        Mine too

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
          From some discussion on the llvmlinux mailing list, I read something like this:

Apparently, the LLVM-specific patches needed for LLVMlinux will be much smaller (or non-existent?) after the release of 3.3 and after that they can start working on upstreaming the kernel patches. Prior to this, they have not been able to do that since the kernel developers could not try the patches against a released compiler.
          Correct Staalmannen, this was discussed a few weeks ago on Phoronix as well.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

What's interesting is how quickly LLVM/Clang's architecture is ripping through requirements to meet the C++1y proposal.

I wager come June it might just complete support for C++1y in trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
              What's interesting is how quickly LLVM/Clang's architecture is ripping through requirements to meet the C++1y proposal.

I wager come June it might just complete support for C++1y in trunk.
              From that page: "Clang implements all of the ISO C++ 2011 standard. The following table describes the Clang version in which each feature became available.". libc++ is also a complete C++11 standard library implementation, but there may be a few things left to do on Linux.

Comment

Working...
              X