Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 9.1.2 Fixes A Handful Of Graphics Driver Bugs

Phoronix: Mesa 9.1.2 Fixes A Handful Of Graphics Driver Bugs

Ian Romanick of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has announced the immediate release of Mesa 9.1.2 for open-source graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This release disables hyperZ in the r600g driver, due to lots of bugs reported.

However, it's still enabled for 9.2, and jerome glisse recently committed a possible fix: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...d7206b4754da48

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      This release disables hyperZ in the r600g driver, due to lots of bugs reported.

However, it's still enabled for 9.2, and jerome glisse recently committed a possible fix: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...d7206b4754da48
      Thanks for the note, Smitty
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I appreciate this work intel puts into the stack, but come on! Stop playing into microsofts pocket and bring the OGL code over from your proprietary drivers!

Comment

Nice, this might very well fix the problems I've been having on HD Graphics 2500. Now to wait for this to get packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
            I appreciate this work intel puts into the stack, but come on! Stop playing into microsofts pocket and bring the OGL code over from your proprietary drivers!
            Like the usual proprietary code, it's probably absolutely horrible and full of nasty hacks. Even if they did publish it, it's very likely no self-respecting dev would accept it before a thorough cleanup.

I'm not even sure if it would be a net positive at all, adding those features cleanly to mesa in the first place could be less work than such cleanup of a huge codebase.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Like the usual proprietary code, it's probably absolutely horrible and full of nasty hacks. Even if they did publish it, it's very likely no self-respecting dev would accept it before a thorough cleanup.

I'm not even sure if it would be a net positive at all, adding those features cleanly to mesa in the first place could be less work than such cleanup of a huge codebase.
              curaga I know you hate all closed source software, but you do realize that the leaks that have happened over the years directly contradict you, right? 10yr old code drops from ID, leaked code from microsoft and others have shown actual code quality control is just as high as open source ones. not saying they are all link that, but the evidence so far shows that the industry cares about good quality code
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I have seen enough secret codebases, many under NDA still in effect, to say it's the majority. I don't hate closed source, I just think it's an inferior option; but I also have released much closed code myself.

ID's drops were cleaned up before release, the MS leaks I didn't look at in case it would taint me (prevent from working on Wine in the future, for example).

The LucasArts leaks I only quickly checked, they weren't terrible, but not that good either.

Comment

Working...
                X